Badger5EM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

S4 std power outputs

anyone have a rough general figure for the B6? just wondering how much UNDER Audis claimed 344 it is, it doesn't feel very quick

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Prob is very quick but like all Audi's there very well sound proofed and the v8 is so smooth it dont feel it! my Evo felt faster than my Supra TT but it wasnt! and ive read somewhere they usually make around 315 on the rollers!a little more with 99 ron fuel like Vpower.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiiduA View Post
    they usually make around 315 on the rollers!a little more with 99 ron fuel like Vpower.
    Since they're spec'd at 344bhp when using 98 RON fuel, and are noticeably down on power when using 95 RON, that sounds about right to me.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Reverse Gear

Status
    interesting, I fill with 95, will try 99 and see if there's a noticeable difference, its a hard car to judge in this respect as the delivery is sooo linear, definitely peaks a little toward the red line though.

Will post back on the difference with 99

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    You will need to run several tanks through to see any real difference.

1st Gear

Status
    Definite noticable difference, first time this morning I put 95ron in and it felt loads slower! Not sure on 344hp as low end it doesnt feel that due to weight / soundproofing etc..... From 60+ though it feels very quick!

4th Gear

Status
    Agreed with above. Lower down it isn't as fast. I was struggling to get away from (read: slowly building a lead), from a wee Arosa TDi (mapped to 100BHP) when leaving roundabouts, up to about 60. Then I was off. Was a little disheartened at first, until realising both cars are knocking out about 200BHP/Ton, and I had drag from the 4wd.

Once you open up the higher revs in third and above though, you realise it is a bit of a beast still.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cfoster View Post
    Definite noticable difference, first time this morning I put 95ron in and it felt loads slower!
    +1

When I had my B6 S4 I used to be able to full throttle accelerate from standing start around a curve on the A3(M) exit near where I worked when using 95RON, but when using 98 or 99RON I had to lift off the gas when doing the same manoeuvre. To me that's a clear and obvious indication of the significant power loss when running 95RON.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Reverse Gear

Status
    curious as to why the S4 in particular is sensitive to this? (not run the old tannk of 95 out yet)

I have quite a few high performance cars on the drive and apart from the TVR (a fairly old engine design which needs 98 + oct booster!), none of them you would be able to distinguish a big difference, maybe a little 'perkier' better response, but no real performance gain.

Cant wait for the tank to run out to start testing :D maybe there is an ECU reset I can perform so I can start from fresh?

4th Gear

Status
    try resetting your throttle body as well. I have always run mine on 99 v-power and mine feels pretty fast! maybe switch out your fuel filter as it could be a bit blocked. Kartechnics remapped mine for the previous owner and they said with the right fuel I should expect around 369bhp. I'm planning on gutting my pre cats which should help low down
    Sam,

Gone

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kerniki View Post
    curious as to why the S4 in particular is sensitive to this? (not run the old tank of 95 out yet)
    On 95RON the timing has to back off a long way to avoid pinking in this high compression engine (the effect is even greater on the higher compression B7 RS4 engine - I've been forced to try it once when there was no 98/99RON in a garage nearby and I was about to run dry), and with the timing backed off a long way the power drops noticeably.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kerniki View Post
    curious as to why the S4 in particular is sensitive to this? (not run the old tannk of 95 out yet)

I have quite a few high performance cars on the drive and apart from the TVR (a fairly old engine design which needs 98 + oct booster!), none of them you would be able to distinguish a big difference, maybe a little 'perkier' better response, but no real performance gain.

Cant wait for the tank to run out to start testing :D maybe there is an ECU reset I can perform so I can start from fresh?
    I can also tell on my 3.0 B6, about the same upto 3k rpm but after that feels much stronger! when i bought my TVR Cerbera, guy had only ever run it on 95 ron fuel as he said he didnt want more power!!! its fast enough lol... however, soon as it was empty i only ever put in Shell V Power 99 ron, BIG difference.