Door open indicator

Alan H

Need a V8 or Bi-Turbo.......
Reaction score
Hi all,

May be a stupid question, but when my drivers door is open my DIS shows the passenger door as open.

Is this correct? can I reprogram the DIS myself or does it need plugging in?

TIA from a first time poster......

Alan

That is not normal you may need vagcom, are any of the wire's broken (inside the rubber boot) which run's from the driver's door by the hinge to the wing, this is worth looking at. And Welcome to ASN

im sure this fault came up on here in the last week or so, cant remember what the outcome was, also check the n/s/f foot well for water, as theres a control box down there that controls most of the cars electronics, the reason why it gets wet is due to the battery area (under the bonnet) getting flooded, so have a look to see if its full of water, if so, push the drain out (rubber bung) and let all the water drain out

but best way to check is to get it plugged in

Thanks for the quick answers chaps.....

Everything is dry, no other electrical issues present. DIS is working fine other than that.

I've only just acquired the car, but from the receipts it had a new "convenience" unit fitted in January.

Could Listers Audi have coded this incorrectly?

I thought this was related to settings on vagcom. Has it always done this or did it start after it was in with dealers?

I'm sure i read it before a while back but the owner said it happened after a service or something....

I thought this was related to settings on vagcom. Has it always done this or did it start after it was in with dealers?

I'm sure i read it before a while back but the owner said it happened after a service or something....

As I said, I've only just got the car. So the dealer has serviced it, but it has been like it since I got it. It's going back on Friday to have a small job done on it, I'll get them to sort it then.

I just didn't want to look stupid telling them about this, I just wanted to check before I opened my mouth.

its just coded wrong, same happened mine when i replaced module, coded it properly and sorted