Weird Bose stereo antics...or is it?

Kiwi Kranker

Reaction score
I have done a search and unfortunately I couldnt find an answer so any help for the below is appreciated.

Basically at low volumes the passenger side front speaker will go or not and likewise with the front drivers side speaker.:wacko:

To get them both to work I crank the volume and then they both come and then I can turn them down and they both go for a bit and then one or the other MAY drop out. WTF?:think:

The speakers dont come on randomly by themeselves (indicating a dodgy connection...well at least I presume not) so is this the old Audi HU unit problem and once it has too many inputs over time it basically craps itself?

Oh and its a 2002 indash 6cd changer with the Bose setup.

Cheers

Last edited:
No it's dirty connections at the A pillar plug/connection between the cabin and the door. Unfortunately the connection is buried behid the inner and outer skin and there's only a small hole as access. By pushing a bit more current through the connection it overcomes the resistance and the speakers burst into life. I gave up trying to sort it out and just listened a bit louder.

Cheers for that. Sounds like several hours of work for me when I can be *****!