Brake warning flashing

will89

Reaction score
My dash keeps coming up with brake warning, abs light and brake light flashing, and flashing brake on he display with loud beeps. Not sure why but it only does it when the HID's are on. It doesn't always do it straight away but normally comes up when you turn them on. I'd say about every 1 out of 3 times it comes up. However if i turn engine off and then back on it clears :confused:

Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks

Will.

Yeah they are. Not sure why it would cause this though

I had HID's last year and they were total nightmare flashing left to right ON then Off (looked like a saftey car) and all this was happening on a 3 hour drive home.

Your HID at switch on are generating a high voltage spike probably from the HT cables connected to the bulb which is interfering with your crash sensors.
If possible move the HT cables away from the crash sensors (which are either side of the radiator.)
Also reroute the cables to the crash sensors away form the HID cables and ballasts.

The error can be reset by turning off the engine and removing the key for ~10 seconds and then restarting the car.

i have the exact same problem the way i got around it is just to either turn the lights on before ya start the car or else (assuming its not too dark) turn on you parkers drive a bit then turn on fogs and drive another bit and eventually turn on your full lights. if you do it slowly it doesn't come up but if u just twist it quick itl come straight on. best job is turn on the lights before ya start. i even tried with warning cancelers it makes no difference.

OK cheers, well i might have a play around with the wires and move them about, would it not help to get the ones that say no errors with canbus? Mine are around 2 years old. How does it interfere with the crash sensors and which wires should i move? I'm presuming the car is still fine to drive if it comes up with the warning? I ask that as im driving down to cornwall early tomorrow morning.

Thanks,