Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 92 of 92
  1. #81
    scottshere's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    337
    Im assuming by Full DIS, you mean the ability to change from MPG to Miles remaining..
    A4 1.9TDI Sport - 130 (B6) / Mods: None yet, just getting the basic right first

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #82
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Is that basically a resistor in line with just the headlights to fool it into thinking it has the same load? And I take it it'll only be my headlights that I lose bulb-out warnings for? It'd be a pain if I lost all warnings for even rear lights.

    I'll get googling the resistors.
    yes thats all it does is give the light circuit the same load and i dont think you will loose the bulb out warning as if the lights are on and a bulb is out then it wont draw the power thus showing a bulb out :-)

    ive read its a 25w 25ohm? resistor but dont quote me! but you can get the inline cancellers off ebay for £10 and they have the correct fittings on for the hid ballasts etc

  4. #83
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by scottshere View Post
    Im assuming by Full DIS, you mean the ability to change from MPG to Miles remaining..
    yes and bulb out warnings etc

  5. #84
    scottshere's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_m View Post
    yes and bulb out warnings etc
    How are you both finding the HIDs Stu and Crazy ?
    A4 1.9TDI Sport - 130 (B6) / Mods: None yet, just getting the basic right first

  6. #85
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    I ended up getting the 35w canbus ones from hids-direct, but haven't got around to fitting them yet. It's a christmas project I'm hoping the ballasts are slim enough to go under the headlights.

    I've just received my led sidelights and number plate lights too can't wait to get them all in.

    I'll update when I've fitted them.

    EDIT: I did have the eBay 55w ordered, but the need for bulb out cancellers, and the lack of 50/55w bulb replacements put me off a little so I opted for hids-direct. Used the Audi-sport.net discount for 10% off too
    Last edited by crazy88; 17th December 2011 at 23:38.


  7. #86
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by scottshere View Post
    How are you both finding the HIDs Stu and Crazy ?
    No problems here work a dream and I can see :-D

  8. #87
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806
    Thought i'd update this thread rather than start a new post as it keeps all the HID stuff in the same place so it's easier for others to find.

    I finally fit my HID-Direct kit today....only 5 months late. It was the 35W canbus one i went for in the end, 4300k temperature so OEM. The kit was easy to install, so i'm well happy with that. I have my ballasts in a similar place to QuattroJames; on the drivers side up near the air con pipes, and on the passenger side they're actually in a small empty box area next to the power steering reservoir (no idea what that box is for). Fired them up and no errors at all. Haven't done any long journeys, but about 20 mins driving around tonight and they're fine.

    I was like a giddy child all day after I fit them waiting for the dark. I went out to test them this evening and I am loving them. I had drawn my beam pattern on a few wheelie bins and tried to recreate it once they were in, but I'm not convinced they're right so will pop down a local garage and get them properly aligned to make sure. I'll wait until my new main beam bulbs arrive and are fit first, which will be early next week hopefully. In the mean time i'm driving with them on the lowest setting to try avoid potentially dazzling everyone.

    The light output is impressive though, i used to find myself often checking the headlight switch in built up areas as I couldn't see the beam pattern but there's no chance of that now I've included a few links to videos I took of them. Both are pretty poo as I needed to get home, but the first shows the lamps warming up, and the second shows the beam pattern on the road better.





    And finally a pic showing how yellow standard side lights look compared



  9. #88
    scottshere's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Thought i'd update this thread rather than start a new post as it keeps all the HID stuff in the same place so it's easier for others to find.

    I finally fit my HID-Direct kit today....only 5 months late. It was the 35W canbus one i went for in the end, 4300k temperature so OEM. The kit was easy to install, so i'm well happy with that. I have my ballasts in a similar place to QuattroJames; on the drivers side up near the air con pipes, and on the passenger side they're actually in a small empty box area next to the power steering reservoir (no idea what that box is for). Fired them up and no errors at all. Haven't done any long journeys, but about 20 mins driving around tonight and they're fine.

    I was like a giddy child all day after I fit them waiting for the dark. I went out to test them this evening and I am loving them. I had drawn my beam pattern on a few wheelie bins and tried to recreate it once they were in, but I'm not convinced they're right so will pop down a local garage and get them properly aligned to make sure. I'll wait until my new main beam bulbs arrive and are fit first, which will be early next week hopefully. In the mean time i'm driving with them on the lowest setting to try avoid potentially dazzling everyone.

    The light output is impressive though, i used to find myself often checking the headlight switch in built up areas as I couldn't see the beam pattern but there's no chance of that now I've included a few links to videos I took of them. Both are pretty poo as I needed to get home, but the first shows the lamps warming up, and the second shows the beam pattern on the road better.





    And finally a pic showing how yellow standard side lights look compared

    It took a while to get round to fitting them, but they look awesome
    I still havent got round to buying any yet, but i will have some in before the winter (maybe)
    A4 1.9TDI Sport - 130 (B6) / Mods: None yet, just getting the basic right first

  10. #89
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    455
    Hi Guys,

    Sorry to ressurect an old thread but its a top one!

    Can anyone recommend a HID kit for an A4 Avant B6 that is tried and tested OK? Get one from HIDS direct? I have DIS...

    The other thing I could do with a hand on is, can anyone recommend decent sidelight and dipped beam bulbs to match the 6000k HIDS I want?

    Cheers all!

    Rich
    Audi Avant A4 54 1.9Tdi Quattro & Leon Cupra R 2005 1.8T remapped to 275bhp

  11. #90
    crazy88's Avatar
    Loving the anonymity

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,806

    Re: Hid kit - Diy guide for the b6

    My kit from hids direct still hasn't had a single fault since I moved the ballast right after installation. Can't fault the kit at all for performance. I just wish the ballasts were a tad smaller so they could go in the recess under the headlight.

    As for sidelights, one of my led ones has failed already, so that's a pain. I'm gonna try find some white bulbs. They won't be as white as leds but will hopefully last a bit longer. If I find anything I'll let you know.


  12. #91
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I would speak to Trups from EM Tuning about all these questions. He has his own section further down in the sponsors bit.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  13. #92
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    455
    Cheers guys so far.....HIDS direct do the slim line balasts which should then fit under the headlight..
    Audi Avant A4 54 1.9Tdi Quattro & Leon Cupra R 2005 1.8T remapped to 275bhp

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO