Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Fitting lower rear bumper trim

Hi people

Bought myself a new lower rear bumper trim with the two openings for the twin exhausts, had a go taking the old one off yesterday and got a bit stuck and didnt want to break anything.

So far i can see there was 2 screws in the back of the rear arches on each side, 2 screws underneath the bumper. The front of the trim pulls off easy enough until i reach the corners for the rear of the car section and from looking at the new one it seems to be just a row of lots of clips, but couldnt see how i release them and wasnt comfortable giving it a good pull in fear of breaking something.

Can anyone tell me how i can get this part off? is there some knack i am unaware of?

cheers
    52 Audi A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDi 130

2. # ADS
    ADS

..... (_!_) Sarah's A3s #1 Fan
    Railway Line Champion

Status
    Hi Mate,

We've recently done this on an A3, so guess it's about the same...., if you get underneath with a slot screwdriver and a light, you should be able to see a run of plastic clips and slots, every 125 to 150mm or so. You need to carefully, from the inner side of the bumper, tease these open/ apart and have someone pull from the other side. Take it easy though, but once you get three or four out, it should become easier. Take a lot at the part you've got to replace it with and you should see these tabs of plastic. Post a pick up so we can see if not the case..
    Audi A6 Avant (2002) 2.5 V6 Quattro. Sunroof, Bluetooth mp3 Xcarlink, 6cd, xenons, tints, ST3, 18" RS6s
    I have VCDS and I'm not afraid to use it, well, a little bit?