Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By quattrojames

Thread: Convert Multitronic to Manual??

  1. #1
    AudiiduA's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    358

    Convert Multitronic to Manual??

    Hi all, can it be done and whats the cost ect? are there any pitfalls?
    Thanks in advance fellas

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jdp1962's Avatar
    Grumpy Old Man

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cruising on a mountain of torque
    Posts
    5,676
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiiduA View Post
    Hi all, can it be done and whats the cost ect? are there any pitfalls?
    Thanks in advance fellas
    Wouldn't even go there.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals


  4. #3
    Woorlord's Avatar
    shifting to Hyperspace... .

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tiptree, Essex
    Posts
    948
    Lot of wiring changes to remove the Multitronic ECU - I am basing this on the Tiptronic which has it's own ECU under the main Engine ECU in the plenum chamber.
    A very big job I think.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

  5. #4
    jdp1962's Avatar
    Grumpy Old Man

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cruising on a mountain of torque
    Posts
    5,676
    Not to mention new gearbox, new flywheel, new clutch, new pedal assembly etc....
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals


  6. #5
    AudiiduA's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    358
    There goes that then!!!!!! May have to sell as Mrs now totally refuses to drive it as she drove it for the first time this week and says she nearly had 3 accidents! lol. she's never drove Auto before and keeps going to change gear only to hit the brake and had an HGV lock his brakes behind her! sooo pi**ed off may have to sell!!!!!

  7. #6
    scott b's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warrington, Warrington, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,254
    way way to much effort, me mate tried to convert his auto 5 series to manual, needless to say its still an auto

  8. #7
    jdp1962's Avatar
    Grumpy Old Man

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cruising on a mountain of torque
    Posts
    5,676
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiiduA View Post
    There goes that then!!!!!! May have to sell as Mrs now totally refuses to drive it as she drove it for the first time this week and says she nearly had 3 accidents! lol. she's never drove Auto before and keeps going to change gear only to hit the brake and had an HGV lock his brakes behind her! sooo pi**ed off may have to sell!!!!!
    I'm guessing she didn't come with you on the test drive, and wasn't consulted on the decision to buy it.

    Here's an idea. Instead of rushing to sell the car - or worse still, contemplating bizarre notions of converting it to a manual - why not go out together, find some quiet roads where you wife can practice driving the automatic, with you there to guide her and build her confidence?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals


  9. #8
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    why not go out together, find some quiet roads where you wife can practice driving the automatic, with you there to guide her and build her confidence?
    Easier to swap the box out surely!

    Arrkon likes this.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  10. #9
    AudiiduA's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I'm guessing she didn't come with you on the test drive, and wasn't consulted on the decision to buy it.

    Here's an idea. Instead of rushing to sell the car - or worse still, contemplating bizarre notions of converting it to a manual - why not go out together, find some quiet roads where you wife can practice driving the automatic, with you there to guide her and build her confidence?
    Since i became a driving instructor! she refuses to drive with me as passenger! been like it for years, says im a bad passenger?? mmm??lol
    and i sort of consulted her about the purchase as i bought it for her really as she has always loved them! showed her pics ect,but missed out the bit about auto!!!! thought she would be fine, i did run her through it several times but she wouldnt allow me to sit in with her!
    almost 3 crasheds caused in 3 days????? now wont even entertain the idea and telling me to sell and get a manual, end of!!!
    be almost inpossible for me to find one as clean condition, its staggering!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO