Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

3.0 LPG Conversion?

Has anyone on here had a gas conversion on their 3.0 v6 petrol, i have now been running mine for 2 weeks and although i knew it wasnt going to be great on fuel it has still suprised me , now thinking gas may be the long term solution?

Just calculated my last tankfull from 260 miles 53litres (very little foot down action local say 200 miles motorway say 60 miles) to be 22.3 MPG :0

Just looked at an LPG conversion for Ł1,100.00, with the figures above i dont think it would take very long to get my money back then after that half price fuel (for me in fact less than 8 months to cover cost)

Steve

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah but Steve, how long before Gas price catches rest mate, the goverment are arses like this aswell as fuel suppliers, as soon as the demand goes up so does the price, cant win unless we walk everywhere.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Ive mine done and had the car for around 2 weeks.

First time i filled up was Ł27, got 45 litres and travelled 245 miles.

Second time i filled up was Ł35, got 60 litres and currently am on 240 miles. Hoping to get near 300.

My last car was an E39 530d and was putting a full tank in a week at Ł90 so made the decision to go LPG.

LPG is currently at 60p and the Government has stated it will give 3 years notice before the duty will be increased so no worries there. But in reality, i think itll always stay at half the price or petrol or diesel...