Volks AutosChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

ANYONE BOUGHT ONE OF THESE SPOILERS OF EBAY ???

Looking for a new boot spoiler that looks more like the oem/abt one
    to replace my boot lip spoiler, just to finish of the s-line look, and found
    this on the bay,has anyone bought one of these if so is it close to the
    factory look ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_3361wt_884

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I was looking at these the other day too. They seem pretty factory look, better than the narrower one also available on the bay.

This one seems to be as wide as the top of the light, if that makes sense, same as the OEM one. Not sure it kicks up as much, not that that's a bad thing?

I wonder what the paint match/finish is like?
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue - Gone
    VW Polo GTI - 2011MY - Candy White - Here

Neutral

Status
    Huge postage cost though.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I bought one of these about three years ago. Its wasn't even close to OEM, and in my case, it wasn't even close to the colour of my car.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Tooks;1037582]I was looking at these the other day too. They seem pretty factory look, better than the narrower one also available on the bay.

This one seems to be as wide as the top of the light, if that makes sense, same as the OEM one. Not sure it kicks up as much, not that that's a bad thing?

As wide as the top of the light,,,, Yes thats what I thought , where as the lip one I've got now is less than half
    that depth !!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I bought one of these about three years ago. Its wasn't even close to OEM, and in my case, it wasn't even close to the colour of my car.
    Was it the same one from the same supplier for the same price 89 ???
    As the one I have fitted now is one of the ebay specials,boot lip spoiler,,, there about 30 painted and
    delivered !!!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
    Was it the same one from the same supplier for the same price 89 ???
    As the one I have fitted now is one of the ebay specials,boot lip spoiler,,, there about 30 painted and
    delivered !!!
    I can't swear 100% that it's the same supplier, but it looks like the identical product. IIRC, it cost me $150, including painting and delivery, which ended up at around 100-ish.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Mine looks identical. cost 35 quid including painting and postage. Came from abroad Taiwan or somewhere. Arrived in 4 days. Paint was excellent. Comes in a very small box all coiled up. Best money I ever spent on the car considering how cheap.
    Edit
    despite the appearance in the pictures in the ebay link, that spoiler will be identical to this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Paint...Q5fAccessories
    That is the one I bought and TBH it looks good.
    Last edited by chancer; 31st July 2010 at 12:48. Reason: Extra Info

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chancer View Post
    Mine looks identical. cost 35 quid including painting and postage. Came from abroad Taiwan or somewhere. Arrived in 4 days. Paint was excellent. Comes in a very small box all coiled up. Best money I ever spent on the car considering how cheap.
    Edit
    despite the appearance in the pictures in the ebay link, that spoiler will be identical to this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Paint...Q5fAccessories
    That is the one I bought and TBH it looks good.
    I hope not that's the one I've already got " BOOT LIP SPOILER "
    and the picture shows your one as a lip spoiler, where as the picture for this one shows it to be the same depth as the top of the rear light lense, i've emailed the seller today he said it's identical to OEM !!!
    Last edited by Digger1; 31st July 2010 at 13:55.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I guess things have moved on a bit since my disappointment.

5th Gear

Status
    only one real way to find out

Neutral

Status
    I got a painted one from these http://stores.ebay.co.uk/dk-carstyle for 54 delivered within 2 days from Germany, not sure how it compares to OEM but I'm very happy with it.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Got mine off fleabay, cant remember the price but it wasnt alot, excellent colour match and good quality, its been on over 2 years and still looks like new

2nd Gear

Status
    I've ordered it, so i'll found out soon enough, if it is like the ABT or OEM ones.
    If it's OK I'll post some pictures up,when fitted for anybody who's interested,
    and if anyone wants my existing BOOT-LIP spoiler in dolphin grey, PM me !!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
    I hope not that's the one I've already got " BOOT LIP SPOILER "
    and the picture shows your one as a lip spoiler, where as the picture for this one shows it to be the same depth as the top of the rear light lense, i've emailed the seller today he said it's identical to OEM !!!
    I hope for you it is the oem type. But the only photo showing the diagonal view to give an impression of the width of the spoiler is so photoshopped that it looks like an artists impression.
    Post up the pics when it comes.
    The hardest part might be removing the old one

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chancer View Post
    I hope for you it is the oem type. But the only photo showing the diagonal view to give an impression of the width of the spoiler is so photoshopped that it looks like an artists impression.
    Post up the pics when it comes.
    The hardest part might be removing the old one
    They've sent me a mess; today,along with a tracking N'o, asking if I will email them a few pictures when I've fitted it,as this is the first S4 OEM/Replica boot/spoiler they've sold, I can see from there feedback they do a lot of AMG and bmw reps, will have to see when it arrives, rather that or will be raising,
    ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED DISPUTE !

2nd Gear

Status
    Arrived today very similar to S4, Few picts;

old lip spoiler;

Last edited by Digger1; 6th August 2010 at 22:03. Reason: add more picts;

6th Gear

Status
    looks good mate its just like the abt one i put on mine did you have to paint it

6th Gear

Status
    did you just fit it with 3m tape i used the proper bonding stuff its really strong no way its coming off

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by simon2004 View Post
    did you just fit it with 3m tape i used the proper bonding stuff its really strong no way its coming off
    Came painted, yes it's bonded, they supply the adhesive !!!

1st Gear

Status
    Nice. Lot better than the lip spoilers. I may get one of those to replace mine.

6th Gear

Status
    well it looks good to me well woth the money and it looks just like the audis that come with it ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    It looks nice on the car need to see close-up photos, have you got any?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sebhar70 View Post
    It looks nice on the car need to see close-up photos, have you got any?

Last edited by Digger1; 7th August 2010 at 12:54. Reason: add more picts;

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks, it looks really good and matches well. I was wondering about getting this spoiler but was'nt sure of the quality, definately worth the money compared to the OEM stuff on the bay.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sebhar70 View Post
    Thanks, it looks really good and matches well. I was wondering about getting this spoiler but was'nt sure of the quality, definately worth the money compared to the OEM stuff on the bay.
    The genuine OEM one, is better quality IMO, In as much as it's moulded better,it's got a perfectly smooth finish.
    Where as this rep; looks slightly rippled as you look along it from the side of the boot,(if that makes sense)
    but thats just me being pickie maybe, but it is close to OEM style and the colour match is spot-on !!!
    and it costs about half the money and comes painted, I've been looking at a couple of picts; of my last S4
    to compare .