Badger5JMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

Should I go for orginal Audi pads and disc?

My A4 needs new discs and pads. Would I be better going orginal Audi ones?

Have the sport 130's got 288mm?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    discs yes. pads maybe up em to some ferodos for a bit more bite, also make sure your break fluid is up to scratch

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I have originals on mine and I find them very effective, quite dusty though.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Are the OEM discs painted silver and the equivalents simply a metal finish?
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

1st Gear

Status

Should I go for orginal Audi pads and disc?

I have just got some standard vented Brembo 312mm discs from bremboshop for only 80 and free next day delivery. The discs are treated with like an anti corrosion compound like a Greyish colour ! look v nice. Quite heavy though ? Not sure how they compare to OEM discs in weight ?

Audi wanted 126 for OEM discs.

I went for Ferodo DS2500 pads though from Europerformance for 150.
    Audi A4 Avant 1.8T Limted Edition 2004 Manual (30k Miles) - Akoya Silver - S-Line Bodykit - RS4 17" Alloys
    Heated Leather/Alcantra Seats

My Ex's (Some not so desirable !! ahemm...)
    VW Golf 2.3 V5 170BHP
    VW Polo 1.2 C Formel E - The Beast .....
    Ford Fiesta 1.6 Si

4th Gear

Status
    the ferodo ds2500 are some of the best break pads ive used on cars.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I think before you can answer your question, you need to know what other makes of disc and/or pad you're contemplating buying, and the reasons why. What I mean is; are you looking to improve the performance of your brakes by buying better and/or more expensive parts? Are you looking to save money by buying cheapers ones. etc.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status
    I use Black Diamond fast road pads, excellent quality, reasonable price. Their disc's are supposed to be top notch as well.

4th Gear

Status
    Disks on road use cars are for aesthetics tbh. unless you drive like a twat i wouldnt bother with changing discs, Pads however can make a difference better friction and with the heavy a4, especially us with quattro i found my originals faded a fair bit, this was mostly due to needing a brake fluid change. this was much better after the fluid was upgraded.

Braided hoses make a good change too much sharper breaks. but for the sake of a few extra quid the ferodos are an amazing pad, not as dusty either and WILL cut m's off your stopping distance. i'd recommend even my grandma got them for the sake of safety.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Worth getting audi ones i think, I went for a cheaper option and now all i get is sqweaking and alot of fade when breaking hard, will be changing them very soon.