Should I go for orginal Audi pads and disc?

rob irl tdi

Reaction score
My A4 needs new discs and pads. Would I be better going orginal Audi ones?

Have the sport 130's got 288mm?

discs yes. pads maybe up em to some ferodos for a bit more bite, also make sure your break fluid is up to scratch

I have originals on mine and I find them very effective, quite dusty though.

Are the OEM discs painted silver and the equivalents simply a metal finish?

I have just got some standard vented Brembo 312mm discs from bremboshop for only £80 and free next day delivery. The discs are treated with like an anti corrosion compound like a Greyish colour ! look v nice. Quite heavy though ? Not sure how they compare to OEM discs in weight ?

Audi wanted £126 for OEM discs.

I went for Ferodo DS2500 pads though from Europerformance for £150.

the ferodo ds2500 are some of the best break pads ive used on cars.

I think before you can answer your question, you need to know what other makes of disc and/or pad you're contemplating buying, and the reasons why. What I mean is; are you looking to improve the performance of your brakes by buying better and/or more expensive parts? Are you looking to save money by buying cheapers ones. etc.

I use Black Diamond fast road pads, excellent quality, reasonable price. Their disc's are supposed to be top notch as well.

Disks on road use cars are for aesthetics tbh. unless you drive like a **** i wouldnt bother with changing discs, Pads however can make a difference better friction and with the heavy a4, especially us with quattro i found my originals faded a fair bit, this was mostly due to needing a brake fluid change. this was much better after the fluid was upgraded.

Braided hoses make a good change too much sharper breaks. but for the sake of a few extra quid the ferodos are an amazing pad, not as dusty either and WILL cut m's off your stopping distance. i'd recommend even my grandma got them for the sake of safety.

Worth getting audi ones i think, I went for a cheaper option and now all i get is sqweaking and alot of fade when breaking hard, will be changing them very soon.