hid kits and led lights

When you do your lights, park facing a wall and mark where your beam patterns hits the wall. Then when you put the lights back in you will have something to adjust your lights to. That will get them close enough until you can do them properly if you need to.

cool thanks james how far should the car be away 5ft ish

Probably doesn't even need to be that close, as long as the wall is marked and the car doesn't move!

cool thanks again cant wait to get them now

ChrisFurlong - what's the stroy with OEM Bi-Xenons? I thought they only started them on the RS4's (B7's)?

How much hassle/cost to fit those when the car has OEM (factory fitted) Xenon's already?

I know they're not comparable since the factory-fit Xenon's use different sidelights, but I got the 2-LED's "silver bullets" from ultraLEDs.co.uk... no errors, until they burnt out... and I burnt out 4 in 3 weeks.... serious hassle.... when I went back to their site, they'd discontinued them... but they fessed up to there being problems with them and refunded me in full, including postage without a question and I got the new 2-LED lights from them too... 2 months and no problems :)

Here are the LED sidelights on their lonesome:

Sidelights + OEM 4300K Xenons:

Same again, up close!

And for pure comedy, this is what it looked like before:

Last edited:
ChrisFurlong - what's the stroy with OEM Bi-Xenons? I thought they only started them on the RS4's (B7's)?

How much hassle/cost to fit those when the car has OEM (factory fitted) Xenon's already?

Bi-Xenons work by physically moving the dipped beam Xenon bulb up/down - With a correctly designed projector lens the beam is switched between dipped and main beam.
Can't see how this would work on a B6 OEM headlight - I also thought Bi-Xenons were only available on the B7 where the headlight is different in design?

A4/B6 - Aftermarket HID Slimline Ballasts fitted into Headlight: >>Linked Here<<

Number Plate LED's:
I have recently purchased some number plate LED lights which do not give any DIS errors >>Linked Here<<
(Ebay seller: F1Autoparts / Item ID: "Audi White LED Intera Festoon light no canbus errors")
However, these are not too my liking as they are too bright and do not match the reverse camera LED I am in the process of fitting.
They are so bright that on testing on my bench had a white blind spot in my eyes for about 10 minutes!!
Tip: Wear eye protection...... :cool:

just fitted some of them number plate light LEDs, work spot on, no faults

has any one got any photos of there HID kit i ask as iv just got mine and i see some have a silver cap kind of thing that goes over the lamp/bulb
id just like to see if im missing any thing as it has been used befor thanks guys

i see from woorlords post on how he fitted them he has a HV unit in his HID kit do they all need this the ones i have just got dont have it but then they are not slimblasters just the normal ones

i see from woorlords post on how he fitted them he has a HV unit in his HID kit do they all need this the ones i have just got dont have it but then they are not slimblasters just the normal ones

Simon I can usually translate your posts after a few mins..... but I have to say ..... :sos:

oh right ill try again ;-) looking at woorlords post on how he fitted his HIDs i see he has the blasters and also a high valtge box too.
i have just the blasters but mine are not slim line ones i think the older ones so they are bigger but my ???? is should i have the high valtge box too i pluged them in to see if they work and all was fine just needed to no if it was missing

Blasters meaning ballasts?

I ran with the full size ballasts for 18 months or so until one failed with no issues. I've not got a high voltage box, I'm sure Woorlord will be along shortly to explain the benefits of such a thing.

yes sorry james my spelling will always be my down side that cool its just i see some with the high voltage box and did not want to fit the ones i got if it was missing and as i i got them with the door mirrors i got the othere day could not be sure if it was all good/safe must say when i pluged one in to see if they worked i was like wow they are sooooooooooooo much briter

"Fat" Ballasts have the HV unit incorporated into the larger box, "Slimline" ones have them external with an in-line HV unit.

thanks mate do the units get hot or is this not a problem when finding somewhere to put them

not sure if this has been coverd before but now i have the 9 LEDs side lights and the 6000k Ballasts wow how good are they
my ? is this is there a better full beam to match the colour or am i stuck with the old ones being yellow ish

it says for the led's that they should not be used near a heat source such as headlights since the body is made of plastic.any probs with this?which one's are preffered the 15 or 25 ?

I got some bulbs similar to THESE for my mains. Nice and bright and don't do a bad job of matching the HID's.

Be aware they're 100w's, if thats a problem for you then I'm sure 55w's are available.

Just bumping this thread up as Woorlord's diy thread seems to have vanished? (or my pc just wont open the link properly perhaps)

I remember somthing about drilling a hole in the backing plastic? Is this 100% necessary? Would I be able to still fit a kit if I dont do this and do the basic bulbs in - slap ballasts on someplace safe?

Thankyou!

im 99% sure you have to drill the hole mate under it not in the back

Just bumping this thread up as Woorlord's diy thread seems to have vanished?!

Here we go >>Woorlords DIY HID Thread<<

I felt the hole necessary to get all the cables between the slimline ballasts OEM fitment position and the headlight enclosure internals.
It also means if a headlight is taken out - it's all self contained in the headlight unit.

****** :( kinda dreading that bit ha

edit**

Thanks woorlord it worked that time for me :) Much appreciated

Last edited:
the easy bits are usually my downfall haha :(

id say no q180 james has them and im just waiting for mine to come ;-)

Sorry for the possibly daft question but with the 15 led sidelights do you need to purchase two? As it doesnt seem to state they come in a pair for the £6..

Thankssss

think you should loose the crome trim on your front grills ..get it panited black ..would look awesome with your car silver

I've got two of the 15 LED bulbs awaiting fitment, but I want to wait till I get my new HID bulbs and main beams and do them all at once.

thinking of getting some led number plate lights and side lights. Will they look mismatched if I don't have HID's?

anyone tried any other led bulbs (brake/rear, indicator etc..)?

Last edited: