what will i need to fit (sline lower front)

swarcup

Reaction score
As above i have just bought the lower spoiler part from an sline bumper and can anyone confirm if what i believe is correct

1 that it fits to my existing top half with a bit of trimming and screwing
2 The existing lower middle front grill fits
3 I need to aquire new side grills

and lastly can i use my existing front fogs?

Fog lights are the same - just new side grills required.
You need a different middle lower grill as it is slightly higher.....

Before:
B4_Woorlord_F_512.jpg

After:
AFTER_Woorlord_F_512.jpg

Last edited:
as the link james posted, but if your not making up the grills then youll need the new fog surrounds, about £16 each, your existing fogs fit fine , youll also need the lower centre grill as your existing one doesnt fit, its not deep enough, the genuine one to fit is about £100 !!!!!!!! id suggest making your own.
the guy in jameses link has made a nice job of his and personally think his looks better than the oem ones as its mesh all the way across, also its see through, not blanked off

Last edited:
i think that looks the dogs james, would look even better with the main grill meshed too.

.........also its see through, not blanked off
The blanking plates on the side lower grills our removable on the OEM ones - however they are indicated as required / or not as per the spec. of the engine/transmission types according to the parts list.

Mesh lower looks good!

Last edited:
To carry that mesh off 100% I think you need the proper grille surrounds though.

As Woorlord says, whether the grilles are open or closed depends on whether you have intercooler/auto transmission I think.

thanks for all the help lads, i do like the mesh look and will go down that route i think as i have an intercooler at each corner. Might then pregress upto the top grille also

I chopped my se bumper last night to make the s line splitter to fit was a f...ing easy to do Just need some mesh now and cupra splitter

Nice one guys. Gonna be doing this soon myself.

Is there much work attaching a rear S-Line lower spoiler?

i think its just a case of removing the existing and attaching the new although i dont think all the tabs line up, someone may correct me though. Just got hold of a rear apron with the two cut outs also so will be looking to this also now

What attaches the rear lower to the upper...
1. There are Two screws underneath between where twin exhausts exit securing the lower apron to the car body.
2. There are two screws on the inside of the bumper next to the lower and upper parts near each end.
3. In each wheel arch there are screws which tap into the bumper - may be some in upper and some in lower?

The upper & lower parts are wedged together - makes sense when you see the wedges on the inside of the bumper - just a case of starting from one end and prizing the two parts apart. Large flat blade screwdriver may help.

Did mine with the complete upper/lower bumper skin removed off the car - I think it may be able to be done on car but not 100% sure.
To remove the complete skin there are a number of bolts inside each rear well beneath the rear lights. Again obvious when you see them inside.

All tabs line up 100% when fitting an S-Line rear valance to a standard rear valance.

Before with standard & After with S-Line rear lower................
B4_Woorlord_320.jpg
Tips-100mm-1_small320.jpg

If anyone does this and wants rid of their old standard front lower bumper please let me know..

A plan has formed... :)