Airbag ECU

whitty

Reaction score
Following on from my previous posts. My airbag ECU had died, the previous owner spilt coke down centre console and it got into it.
I bought another with exactly the same part number and Bosch number, just fitted it and the ****** airbag light is still on.
Any ideas anyone??

Have you coded it correctly for your airbag configuration?
Have you got the new Airbag ECU to learn your VIN number?
Have you checked it with VAG-COM/VCDS and checked for any errors?

Some Coding/VIN Learning info here......>>Linked Here<<

I didnt realise it needed coding. I am currently in the process of buying VCDS from NHN so will check and connect then.
Will i need anything off my old airbag ecu as it does not connect to any diagnostic system?

I didnt realise it needed coding. I am currently in the process of buying VCDS from NHN so will check and connect then.
Will i need anything off my old airbag ecu as it does not connect to any diagnostic system?

You will need to determine the correct coding as per Ross-Tech site link.
The VIN learning process will learn the VIN from your instrument cluster when set to do so.

Is this a job that can be done using VCDS lead or does it have to go to dealers.
I am new to Audi cars and am willing to learn how their systems work, hence why i am buying the lead.

Easy through a licensed VCDS/VAG-COM cable.
Best purchase you can make for your car!!

Yeah i cant wait to get it.
I only took the car to Audi to check for airbag fault and they charged me £79.......... Just to tell me they could not connect to the ecu and it would need replacing. They could supply and fit for ................... £525 !!
I got a used ecu for hundred quid and the lead is £250 so i am still saving and i have the benefit of the lead for future dare i say, faults.
Thanks for your help "Woorlord"