JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    alcoholic pervert

Status

Windscreen replacement - anything to watch out for?

Need the front screen replacing after a stone smashed it today. The insurance uses Autoglass. Is there anything I need to watch out for or do I just trust them to do a good job?

Are all the glass tints the exact same colour, and the blacked out bit at the top the same depth?

I assume they'll have the wipers and plastic scuttle thing off which should come off easily since I put the new wiper mech on not long ago.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Pretty straight forward job as you describe - had mine done ~4 weeks ago (3rd in 7 years) by Autoglass.
    If it was the winter I would be careful about the plastic scuttle below the wipers as this can be brittle when cold and the inter-locking strip can break off.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

alcoholic pervert

Status
    3 in seven years? unlucky fella!

Odd how the cracks spread isn't it? There was like a 4 inch 'spiders web' immediately when the stone hit on the way to work. Now it's the whole height of the screen.

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    On the A4 here is quite a lot of body behind the black area's of the screen, and that is where I always seem to get a stone hit and here there is no give.
    Small 30mm cracks end up across the screen before too long.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

5th Gear

Status
    personaly would order a new scuttle panel, around 15 from audi, had to take mine of to do the wiper linkages, there a right twat to get of without breaking