How do i change side light bulbs??

AudiiduA

Reaction score
Hi Fellas, does the headlight have to come out??
Thanks all

it dont have to come out mate but it is tight so if you have small hands its easy

Twist the headlight leveler it makes the bulb really easy to get at :)

Yes, they can be tricky. Make sure it's not raining when you start lol, otherwise the air may be blue.

I would just take the headlights out. Very easy. 4 Torx screws on each [T15 or T20 I think]. Then as paul said, twist the main beam bulb and it makes it much easier to get to them.

jsut make sure you're doing the METAL torques and not the plastic allen-key ones ;)

quattro james has posted a lot of pics on this: drivers side is easier if you undo two screws and take off the plastic ducting: james.... pictures please!!

Headlights1.jpg

Headlights2.jpg

Reactions: vulcan808
quattrojames said:
I never said that for reference.....

I added it as I've seen you add many pictures which are helpful.

It should be a title you can call yourself. Thanks anyway :)

i bet theres alot of audis going round with side lamp bulbs out what a nightmare of a job to get i thought german engineering was good

Its better than on many cars though, taking the light out is a five minute job when you know how. Plenty of cars make it impossible to change a bulb, and a damn sight harder to take the lights out too!

James thanks for that guide used it to just change my dipped beams :)

One thing though which ill need for future reference. How does the connecter unclip?

P1010653.jpg

Me and the old man swapped the bulb over without undo-ing it cause there was enough room, scared to force it incase i broke the plastic.

Ill need to know for when I order my hids so if someone can label the diagram for which way/place to bend the ****** thatd be great :p

Anyone? Ill go snappin tings if I dont check haha

Pull back the plastic tab in the center with your thumb or small falt head and then pull the whole plug off,simply really once you've done it once.

Its a notorious weak point in them, if the tab breaks or gets damaged they're a b*st*rd to get off. I resort to brute force to pull the plug off mine, always a worrying moment though...