Badger5Chris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Thicker grade oil for multitronic??

Hi all, when i drive the car first time in the morning the box is much quieter and smoother changing!
    as the oil gets hotter (thinner) its just not as good! had oil changed last week and was much better but have read on here best to do it twice and use first as a flush?? i was thinking if the oil was slightly thicker it would improve it????
    any thoughts??
    cheers fellas as usual

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Strange, mine behaves in the opposite manner, the gear changes seem to be more clunky with the oil being cold and gets smoother as it warms up.

Not to sure about using a different oil than spec'd for the gearbox, damn things seem to be very sensitive...
    A4 B6 2.5TDi Avant - multitronic - full leather - heated seats - cruise - colour DIS - RNS-D, Phone & MFSW - rear parking sensors.

To do: stop wifey spending my money!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSpanky View Post
    Strange, mine behaves in the opposite manner, the gear changes seem to be more clunky with the oil being cold and gets smoother as it warms up.

Not to sure about using a different oil than spec'd for the gearbox, damn things seem to be very sensitive...
    Ehhhh??? lol now im totally baffled!!!! i can hear like a dry bearing sound after a few miles from front, wheel bearing??? but wouldnt that do it from cold too??