Newbie question 3.0 cab

thickfreakness

Reaction score
I've got an 02 3.0 cab sport which I've owned for about 6months now - great car the v6 is addictive - had a few gripes with it, new coil packs and a front n/s wheel bearing(the latter a bit poor after just 70k). what I've recently noticed is when I turn off the ignition after any sort of run in the car you can hear what almost sounds like the cd changer running through all the discs from underneath the dash(its not the cd I've checked) any ideas?
Also whats a reasonable price for a proper cambelt change i.e tensioners waterpump ect ?

Welcome! im new also got mine yesterday! is yours quattro? i have what sounds like a front wheel bearing noise too, how much was it if you dont mind?

I think what your hearing for a few seconds after switch off is the air ventilation system
closing its vents. Mine does it but its very faint.
Also, if you've had the air con on you also might hear a hissing noise from the
drivers side of the engine bay. This only goes for 10 seconds or so so isn't an issue as its
supposed to do that.
As for the air vents if you on the engine and really listen hard you'll hear the vents opening
again for a few seconds.
Hope this is a help.
Andy

Hi,i too have had a couple of coil packs go down plus had to renew my drivers side seat airbag,also had an oil leak but touch wood its been okay on the whole!

I bought a comprehensive warranty with mine which has covered the costs so far - its already paid for itself - but the wheel bearing done at a garage was basically £190 . A wheel bearing is £60 the rest 'labour' - its quite a straight forward job to do if you fancy doing it yourself.
No its not a quattro.

I bought a comprehensive warranty with mine which has covered the costs so far - its already paid for itself - but the wheel bearing done at a garage was basically £190 . A wheel bearing is £60 the rest 'labour' - its quite a straight forward job to do if you fancy doing it yourself.
No its not a quattro.

Hi, cheers for that! so yours is also multitronic? was there any play in the wheel bearing??