100watt bulbs + marker/puddle lights

will89

Reaction score
Now i have heard of 100w bulbs melting switches, now i was thinking of putting 100w bulbs in for full beam, i kn now they are not legal but what i want to know is is the car going to show any errors, and will it melt anything? I dont use the full beam that often but when i do i'd like a little more light!

Also i was looking to retrofit marker lights and puddle lights, cant seem to find a guide for either though??

Will.

Last edited:
But will it melt switches? or the headlight unit? :shrug:

No, i've used 100w in my full beam for 3 years now with no problems.

I don't know but when you fit them they will blind some ******.

I don't know but when you fit them they will blind some ******.

Thats true, however when using full beams you dont use them when there is someone travelling towards you. Do you??

No, i've used 100w in my full beam for 3 years now with no problems.

Ok great, where did you get yours? and also how much difference do they make? I have got HID's for my dipped lights.

Thats true, however when using full beams you dont use them when there is someone travelling towards you. Do you??

I hope not!!

Ok great, where did you get yours? and also how much difference do they make? I have got HID's for my dipped lights.

Massive difference, mine are only cheap ebay ones,no doubt if you buy osrams or nitebreakers they will be even better,and if you link the full beam to your fog lights as i did ( but that's a different story ) you get even more lower light, i also have hids for the dipped beam and led sidelights, my only gripe is when i check all my lights are working the full beam is a horrible yellow unlike the leds and hids.

So with your full beams and fogs on you're really blinding people then Matty .....

:sly:

:whistle2:

100W bulbs are not E-marked so using them on a public road is actually illegal, that's why the packaging usually says "off road use only".