Badger5Sky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

A4 Cabriolet 2.5TDi (2003) Airbag ECU Problem.

I have just come back from local garage where i wanted them to check a fault with the airbags, i have a warning light displayed.
    They told me that they could not connect to the airbag ECU and it might need replacing. OK fair enough, its 7 years old so dont mind that.
    I am looking to get a second hand airbag ECU and wanted to know if it needed reprogramming to my car. They said they didnt know either way.
    Can any of you good guys advise ??

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    I'm guessing that this could just be the wires have come lose underneith the passenger seat for the airbag in the side of the seat. It's quite a common problem and Audi know about it as they make an extension in the loom so it no longer happens.

My first piece of advice is get it scanned with vagcom and see what fault codes come up. Clear them and see if the light comes back on
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Neutral

Status
    I tried to do this but VAGCOM would not connect to the airbag ECU. I'm going to try a new ECU. Thanks.

cabriolet

Status
    try accessing the module with the ignition OFF ! sometimes this will find a module and allow connection
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!