Oily & smokey cold start-up

niftyandy

Reaction score
Hi
Got a bit of an issue with my 3.0 QS.
On cold startups its not firing on all cylinders for about 5 seconds then they all kick in and occasionally, say every 3rd cold start, if emits some white/blue smoke from both pipes for about 5 seconds like its cleasring a cylinder. The smoke isn't pure white like water vapour is blue in colour and has the smell of oil and or petrol sometimes. I'm trying injector cleaner in case Ive got as blocked one and also some Wynns valve cleaner in the oil just in case Ive got a sticking valve or something.
Ive replaced the plugs in case I had a fowled one and got rid of my old coils so im upto date in coil technology, so to speak. I did notice some oil in the plug wells when i was changing them and my old plugs were brown/red in colour, like they should be?
Any ideas as to what it may be - I've heard that these can suffer from dodgy valve cover gaskets which can cause oil to leak into/onto the exhausts!
It runs like a dream once started after 5-10 seconds with no smoke or loss of power when running
at all.
Cheers for any advice.
Andy