S4 Avant S4 Saloon rear bumper, what's the difference?

sebhar70

Reaction score
Interested in getting the S4 rear bumper someone is selling bumper, he thinks it is for an Avant (part no. 8E9807511F). Is there any difference? will this bumper fit on a saloon?

Anyone know

I don't think it'll fit. The saloons are a different shape, have a longer distance from rear wheel to back. I made this mistake before and baught a saloon rear bumper (the guy didnt specify what it was for and i took a chance).

I thought there would be a difference but was not 100% sure, just needed to find out if the part no related to a saloon or an Avant, Audi won't tell me the part no.:unsure:

I've not got etka handy, but I think 8E9 refers to Avants, and 8E5 to Saloons.

As mentioned they're not compatible unfortunately.

Maybe if one came up dead cheap, prefer a front one though really as plans have slowed somewhat due to work cutbacks etc - never say never though ;)

Here is the page from ETKA

etkabumper.jpg

There are different numbers for saloon and avant.

Maybe if one came up dead cheap, prefer a front one though really as plans have slowed somewhat due to work cutbacks etc - never say never though ;)

Check out the link Basspower has posted, this is the one. I think it's for an Avant he reckons that it say so on the bumper.

The funny thing is that these part nos differ from the one he has given me.

Its very hard to find S4 info on etka. If you look at the link posted its for an A4 as it has the two part bumper, not the one part bumper of the S4.

Check out the link Basspower has posted, this is the one. I think it's for an Avant he reckons that it say so on the bumper.

Its on watch ;)

ive noticed the lights on the saloon are a little higher too,, meaning the upstands under the lights which wrap round the tail gate would overlap the bottoms of the lights if a saloon bumper was fitted to an avant!

a saloon bumper deffo wont fit an avant matey,, 200% sure!!
how do i know this??? because numb nuts here has gone and bought a saloon lower s-line quattro bumper, and its 30mm to long from the back to the wheel arches!
its only the lower part ive got,, tried mating it to my origional upper and it just wont fit!!!
gutted!:sob:

I too can verify that the saloon wont fit the avant as i too bought one thinking it would fit,on the plus side i sold it for £50 more than i paid for it and bought that lovely little blue S4 bumper you guys have just mentioned...yippeeeeeeeeeeee.....

good work that man,, i cant be botherd now to be honest,, just gunna get me gmbh bumper repaired!!!!

Just out of interest will a rear S4 Cab bumper fit either a Avant or Saloon, or is that also model specific