Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Just bought my first AUDI !! 2.5 tdi 180 Avant Sport

Hi,

Just put a deposit down today and am going to collect tomorow.Took the car out for a test drive and was very impressed after coming from a dc5 integra.The interior design is stunning and the outside isnt bad either.
    was also very surprised how quick it was for a diesel aswell.

94k Full Service history
    timing belt/pullys/water pump all recently (seen the reciept Ł800!)

Plans are:

Remap custom remap or chip mabe someone can advise me whats best?
    19" rs4 alloys if possable

Cheers!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Welcome Shaun!

Nice looking car, the 2.5Q's Avants are the best B6's .........

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    nice1 another avant to the club
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    looks nice mate, enjoy as i have just the same model but in saloon.
    2004 AUDI A4 2496 cc 2.5 TDI 180 Quattro Sport
    Metallic Silver, RNS-E Audi dvd Sat Nav ( 2010 dvd disk ) + muti CD Player, Parrot ls3200 Bluetooth Phone kit, 6 Speed, 4 Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors ( not elec folding ), Cruise Control, Nice Alloy Wheels, Colour DIS, Colour Keyed Body, Full audi Service History, Maintained Regardless Of Cost, Tinted Windows, Aero Wipers, inside red light kit ( audi ) + Puddle lights & Footwell light too, HID's.

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice!!
    2004 A4 2.5tdi Avant quattro Sport Tip, BOSE, Elec Heated Leather Seats with Memory, Sunroof, Black Optic Pack (Black Grill, Window Frame and Roof Rails), Front & Rear Electric Windows, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Lighting Pack, Xenon Lights with Washers, Come Home Lights, Electric Retracting Mirrors, Auto Dimming Rear View & Side Mirrors, Under Seat Storage & 6 CD Changer

Gone But Not Missed -

2003 A4 Saloon 1.9tdi Sport Multi, Leather/Alcantara Heated Seats, Lighting Pack & RS4 Alloys

2nd Gear

Status
    Best one really!

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Shaun,
    Welcome to the Avant Quattro Sport (section of the) Club!!
    I have an identical car - even the colour - light silver metallic.
    I have had mine remapped - and that ups the power to 210 / 220 bhp. You won't be disappointed, I can assure you.
    RS4 wheels are the best (IMVHO, of course!!)
    I can't justify the cost at the moment - but I'm in the process of fitting 10mm spacers.
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the welcome,

Just got the car home and am impressed with everything about it.Never thought a diesel car would be so quick!

What tuning box are you using mikeh? Also I was thinking of just getting some rep rs4 alloys? rather than the real thing as I would rather spend the money on some decent tyres.

cheers.

1st Gear

Status
    Shaun,
    I have had the ECU re-mapped - so I don't have a tuning box fitted.
    There are a few members here who have had a box fitted, and are very pleased with the results.
    I'll let others who are familiar with the boxes to give you more info - type, and cost etc.
    The biggest difference is the large increase in torque after a re-map / box. The engine just keeps pulling - even at high speed, and in a high gear.
    Magic!!
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

4th Gear

Status
    Yep...welcome to the forum....
    A4 2.5 Tdi Avant Quattro Sport : 180HP 6 speed, Mauritius Blue, full black leather heated electric front seats, auto lights, Xenons, auto dipping rear view mirror, heated folding door mirrors, cruise control, Bose, full DIS, MFSW, 18" RS6 reps, rear parking sensors, colour coded lower, rear door window blinds, interior & ambient lighting kit, under seat storage, front armrest as standard. RS4 ARB, RNS-e sat nav, Cd Changer, OEM bluetooth fitted by me.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    light silver metalic too.
    with regards to alloys if you want to go larger than 18's then you will have to get reps, audi ones stop at 18". ive just retro fitted dis and cruise, well recomended
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    swarcup,
    I know cruise was an option - but I thought DIS was standard on the Quattro sport. Am i correct?
    Also - I have footwell and puddle lights, and front ambient lights - were these standard, do you know?
    Cheers.

Status

My Social Networking

DIS is standard on SE models but not Sports.

Ambient lights and footwell lights would have been fitted as part of a 'Lighting pack' optional extra I expect.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for that info, james.
    I notice your 'to do' list includes wheel spacers. Are your 18" RS6's any wider than the standard 17" Sport wheels, with 235 x 45 tyres? Also - what width spacers are you intending to fit?
    I intend to fit 10mm front and rear - I presume that shouldn't cause any problems with the tyre rubbing on the wheel arch?
    Cheers.

Status

My Social Networking

My wheels are either 8 or 8.5j I'd need to check, but I think 8.5's with 235/40 tyres. I'm thinking 10mm spacers to reduce to the offset of 33 which should fill the arches nicely.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for that.
    I've just purchased 10mm front and rear - so it will effectively reduce the offset from ET45 to ET35.
    Not quite as much as your 18" RS6's, but should still look better than the standard set-up.
    Being delivered next week. Can't wait!

4th Gear

Status
    I have had my SE version for a year and agree with the compliments others have posted .I reminds me of the drive in a subaru legacy 4cam turbo i had a few years ago but much more torque and economy.A few months ago I fitted a genuine Tuning Box co unit which I found on ebay for Ł100 and its made everything even better over 210 bhp and 50 more to the tankfull.My son has the Sport in triptronic and also has a box and fitted full DIS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    I have had my SE version for a year and agree with the compliments others have posted .I reminds me of the drive in a subaru legacy 4cam turbo i had a few years ago but much more torque and economy.A few months ago I fitted a genuine Tuning Box co unit which I found on ebay for Ł100 and its made everything even better over 210 bhp and 50 more to the tankfull.My son has the Sport in triptronic and also has a box and fitted full DIS
    hi

I have the sport with tiptronic, could you provide some more info on the tuning box as i may be interested i it.

cheers
    2004, A4 Avant SE, 1.9tdi 130. Gunna do s line or s4 body upgrade

WANTED - sport suspension, front s line or s4 bumper, door blades, 17" s line 5 spoke alloys, rear roof spoler

BahnStormer

Status
    if you want the 18" RS4 wheels, they're actually relatively cheap - because there's no real option aside from getting replicas. Anybody who tells you that they have a B6 with B7 RS4 OEM wheels is having you on - the offset of the OEM ones are designed for the flared wheel arches on the RS4....
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    sexy 2.5 there mate, welcome and enjoy!

1st Gear

Status
    Welcome i am a newbie here myself also recently bought a 2.5 TDI (180) quattro avant lol

Avantageous

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh126 View Post
    Thanks for that.
    I've just purchased 10mm front and rear - so it will effectively reduce the offset from ET45 to ET35.
    Not quite as much as your 18" RS6's, but should still look better than the standard set-up.
    Being delivered next week. Can't wait!
    Don't forget, you will need longer bolts with these spacers. I did when I bought mine, and had to wait for the bolts to arrive.

And just a word of warning, unless you bought hubcentric spacers, be prepared for some wobble

1st Gear

Status
    you would need your head checked to fit non hub centric spacers for anything wider than 5mm.

1st Gear

Status
    The spacers are H + T Trak Hubcentric from DPM Performance. They came with the longer bolts. Ł200 + carriage for 4 spacers. Very pleased with them.
    As mentioned by ChrisFurlong and Shane-Ireland - expect dangerous trouble if you get anything other than hubcentric.