Door Handle Cover Re-fitting

Kryten1967

Reaction score
Help Please,

I have just bought an A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport and the drivers door handle cover has come off in my hand.

It seems to clip on somehow and utilises a spring plate as well to secure. For the life of me I cannot get the handle to go on and stay on. I am not sure which way round the spring plate should go and does the cover clip over or slide on or combination of both?

Any ideas or photographs of which way spring plate fits would be most welcome along with how to refit cover in correct manner.

Cheers

Kryten :detective2::think::ohmy:

As above common problem get some spoiler glue off ebay ( very cheap ) and stick the ****** back on.

Audi actually use a credit card to get it back on!

put it in place, hold the handle up and slide the card down the back and slide the spring thing accross.

The handles quite often come loose, the best bet is to get a new stainless steel clip from audi, you could try bending your clips out with a small screwdriver but take care not to scratch the paintwork. As pjm speedy above, work out which way the clip needs to slide to lock the outer painted cover on, from memory, the drivers side is foward and passengers is backward, or vice versa! Place the cover on and using a credit card (tesco club card just as good) between the door and handle you should be able to just about slide the card between the crack and push the clip the correct way to lock the outer handle in place. Lifting the door handle also helps. Mine came loose again a few months later so i removed it and put some dow corning rtv onto the handle and repeated the steps above.

Happened to me too!
Make sure you use an old credit card though!
There used to be pics posted on here somewhere of how to fix it.
Mine got chipped when it fell off so had to touch it up.

Audi actually use a credit card to get it back on!

put it in place, hold the handle up and slide the card down the back and slide the spring thing accross.

Just solved this Krypton Factor for my mate, took me a while so here's a picture for future reference and for anyone else trying to work out how to do it. As pjmspeedy correctly pointed out you'll need a credit card or small screwdriver to achieve this (it doesn't take much to push it so if its not budging your probably pushing the wrong bit)

Audi handle

translate:
Drivers side
flace-plate side
PUSH DOWN To lock the face-plate in place
PUSH UP On this edge to release the face-plate
Note: this picture was taken with the face-plate removed so the clip is in the unlocked position

Hope this helps.