Monster MotorsportChris Nott

Thread: Wheel spacers?

5th Gear

Status

Wheel spacers?

Hi all, just a quick question regarding wheel spacers, i am thinking of adding some wheel spacers just so my wheels fill the arches a little more,although mine is the sport and sits a little lower they could do with a little more, so my question is this: does anyone have spacers fitted to a standard sport set-up,what size did you use,any pics? and is there any disadvantage to fitting these ( extra strain on wheel bolts ect ) i know i will need new bolts,and finally where is the best place to source them as i only want puccer stuff.
    Thanks for your time,
    Matt
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I have some H&R 10mm (5mm a side) with the longer wheel bolts that I use to have fitted on my B5 before I sold it that are just sat in my garage collecting dust if your interested.
    Sam,

Gone

2nd Gear

Status
    I may be interested if mattyboyc isn't. Have you got some before and after pics from when you had them on your b5? I was thinking of putting these on mine, however will it make that much difference? And will it not damage anything?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by will89 View Post
    I may be interested if mattyboyc isn't. Have you got some before and after pics from when you had them on your b5? I was thinking of putting these on mine, however will it make that much difference? And will it not damage anything?
    Sorry will but they are on ther way to me!! gonna put the 5mm on the front and get 8mm for the rears
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA

2nd Gear

Status
    Ahh nevermind. Can you get some pics up when you got them on the car, mines the same as yours so would be good to see what they are like. You keeping the standard 17's?

Audi fanatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    Sorry will but they are on ther way to me!! gonna put the 5mm on the front and get 8mm for the rears
    Get 10mm hubcentrics for the rear as an 8mm spacer will lose you your hub spiggot .

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by will89 View Post
    Ahh nevermind. Can you get some pics up when you got them on the car, mines the same as yours so would be good to see what they are like. You keeping the standard 17's?
    Yes i'm keeping the 17's as i do like those wheels, i will throw up some fresh pics of the front as i now have a cupra splitter oh her aswell