Caught front bumper on the kerb.

polar

Reaction score
Last week I park my car (A4 Cab 3.0 sport) and the front was obviously just over the kerb, we had some torrential rain and it cooled considerable therefore the front of the car must have dropped.

When I tried to reverse my car out of the parking space i heard a grinding sound. I immediately stopped and looked at the front of the car.

The black rubber strip at the bottom of the bumper had been caught between the bumper and kerb and also my bumper was being pulled of the front of the car. 20 mins later after lots of manoeuvring my car was free.

The underside of the bumper was slightly damaged as the rubber strip had been ripped off. I pushed the bumper back on but still have a slight gap where it joins the body work under the headlamp.

My question is how much do you think it will cost to replace the rubber protectors for the underside of the bumper and also are they easy to fit.

idea for next time, try and push the car of rather than driving, the whieght of the driver (and passenger) wouldnt of helped, or you could of inflated your front tyres more

Thanks, even with me out of the car the bumper was wedged. It was a very hot day followed by 2 hours of rain. That may have cooled the tyres enough that it lowered the car.