car stereo head

cabgordy

Reaction score
i own a 04 1.8t cabriolet quattro and its comes with a double head unit tape player at the bottom hlf and 6 disc cd player the top half as i dont have the keys to remove it can anyone tell if its got a cd changer port round the back so i can get a gadget to plug my iphone in to it maybe thanks

It will have the port, but you will have to decide whether you want to keep the 6 disc or use the ipod.

I got a wee radio transmitter from Asda for £8 that does the trick if you want to keep the 6 disc...

it's symphony unit so it has built-in 6 disk changer, if you add the Ipod connector the 6 disk changer will still work, just the IPod uses CD 7 -12. you can get the keys from ebay, or a member on here may be able to help if you post your location.

Last edited:
sorted it today i got a cheap fm trans from the market £10 works mint

Hi
I am looking to do the same thing. I have a 2005 A3with a 6cd changer and tape player (btw the cd player is playing up, but thats another thing).

The CD player is Audi Symphony. What will i need to do to use an ipod. Preferably i'd like a permanent connected one in my glovebox.