hid lights

brownie 25

Reaction score
has anyone fitted hid lights to there car,ime thinking on getting a set for my b6 just wondering what there like with the magnified lens in the head lamp

tks

There the only way you will get good light out of them ,
buy good quality or you will get can bus errors in the system and also stick between 4300k > 5k
this will supply you with maximum road illumination .

what is can bus.the ones i was recommended where 6000 do you think that is to bright

I've got 6000k, but if I was doing it again I'd stick to oem 4300k as the 6's are too blue for me.

dont mind the blue kinda want it like that but will they be to bright for oncoming traffic,do you know what that can bus is about

dont mind the blue kinda want it like that but will they be to bright for oncoming traffic,do you know what that can bus is about
Hi
4300k is the brightest the bluer they get the worse the light output higher k rating doesnt mean more light
also theres no need to go higher for an effect the ellipsoid headlamps create prisms of colour anyway even with halogen bulbs ,
and canbus is the language basically the car runs on electronic wise and cheap ballasts can spike the system and cause errors in ECUs etc

the supplier ime getting them from said i might need a filter for the on board comp, would this take care of the spikes if any .

the ones i got are called falcon,all tho they are 6k it was all he had in stock and i have no patience lol but tbh i dont think there to bad

tks for the input.

o and i got led for the parking lights aswell and ive ordered hid for the spots so when there in i think i wont even use the dipped just parks and spots for town driving.

4300k if u can (best light and pure white with a faint blue-ish tint).

5000k still good, definitely fairly blue though....

6300 obviously blue and light reducing....

do yourself a favour and get some LED's while you're there.... otherwise you'll have the lights out again in a few weeks ;) next to HID's, regular bulbs are either pastey yellow of obviously tinted purple/blue.... LED's should match the brilliant white / nearly blue of the HID's...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Just the sidelights!

HID's(4300K) + sidelights :

haven't got a chance to try them properly yet but around town i can see a big difference so ill have to get out onto a dark road tonight a see how they really are.