Hi!New Owner content....A4 Avant 1.9tdi

zippster

Reaction score
Hi All just thought id say hi as im new to the forum and new to audi ownership.

i currently have a 08 //M Coupe and have had it since new, but last year i moved <3miles away from my work and took up road bike racing....so as you can guess its not getting used much so this week i agreed a deal to sell it back to a dealer and pick up a new 1 series for my wife..

Meanwhile..my father has been buying audi's for years and cannot get enough of them, cutting a long story short instead of some inheritance hes decided/agreed to give me his 05 Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi sport :)

Woohoo i have a practical car for my bikes etc with back seats and a boot aswell :):):) (yes yes im soo easily pleased).

details are as follows :- (i have some Q's)

Registered 23 March 2005
Manual,diesel, colour Mauritius Blue Mileage 36847. Engine 1986cc SPORT
Manufacturers Cat1 Alarm factory fitted.
Taxed until end of Feb 2011
One very ,very, very careful owner. Full Audi service history.
Spare wheel never been on the car.
BOSE

and other bits i think that are no standard..

Q's

what chassis is it? i think its a B6 as it doesn't have the HUGE grill at the front.
i would like to fit a PArrott 9200i BT kit as i would really like mp3 capability and phone integration is this the best option?
are there any must have mods/ things i should do?
he drives like miss daisy and its really not had a hard life, its the 130ps model and was thinking as its out of warranty should i remapp it for a bit of fun at the sacrifice of a few MPG's ??

all comments/advice welcome

and hello again :)

Andy..

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like a B6 (have a look in the pics stick in here and the B7 section to confirm) an 05 B6 Avant is pretty rare, but they are about.

You can remap to 170 pretty easily with no issues, better mpg too, depending what you want from the car. Popular upgrades as always are wheels and suspension - RNSe (satnav etc) inside, S4 mirror caps, S-Line bodykit etc etc There's always something to spend your money on!

hey thanks for the reply, i like the idea of the rnse upgrade as i will miss this from my coupe.. already have a list of potential upgrades but i think a remap is very high up there..

with regards to the remap, im based in basingstoke/hampshire. is there a list of tuners that may be local to me?

Thanks again..

oh and if anyone has a mauritius blue tow eye cover for sale please let me know as somehow this has gone AWOL

Andy..