AH FabricationsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

I'm test-driving an '07 plate Sportback 140 TDi the weekend and was wondering....

Could you refresh me on the common probs that I should be looking out for ?

...and also, this car has 69k on the clock. When I spoke to the bloke at the garage he advised me that the timing belt hasn't been changed as it's only due at either 80k or 4 years, whichever comes first.

Now, I've had this issue with the TT, where going by the book (at the time) you didn't need a cambelt changed until 120k.....however, on the TT sites I was stalking at the time, it had come up many times about people SHOULD be changing the belt at 60k. A couple of years later, Audi then decided to change the miles to 80k in the books!

So what's your opinions on the belt as well please ?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if these are recurring questions but I swear I done a search first

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    cant really advise on that mate, in speculation 80k or 4 years sounds reasonable, call your stealers and find out

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.