2.0TDI 140 MPG?

A3 Sport

Reaction score
What kind of MPG are you guys getting from this engine? Is it noticeably more economical than the 1.6? :thumbsup:

work and back i get 41mpg on a full tank ( 7 mile round trip )- motorway i get 60mpg

That would depend on various things mate, but 40-45mpg would be an overall I'd say, but I have got 62mpg on a motorway run, depends on the weight of your foot.

On average im getting about 36-42 MPG, on a motoway run ill get about 48-50 MPG

I used to have a 1.6 Focus before my 2.0TDI and I only stick around £20 of fuel in a week and I am getting around 40-50 more miles out of it and that is on town & A roads

Had mine 2 weeks averageing 48 mpg on A roads, but have got around 62 mpg

Ohh rite thanks, thats about what I was expecting, because I spend most of my time on dual carriageways and urban roads, and my 1.6 A3 seems to reach 32 - 33 mpg quite easily on trips like this. But I do think that the 1.6 is quite thirsty, however, my dad seems to think that its my heavy right foot thats the problem...

Regards,

Sounds about right from a 1.6 to me. I get about 45 average on all roads conditions. I do about 40/40/20 rural/dualler/town. Not shy though (except in town).

I average between 40 and 45, but that's mostly city driving with some runs around the outer ring road. Out of city driving I can get between 50 and 60 mpg.

my 1.6 gives me 30ish around town, 40ish on a motorway trip. if you're very careful you can get 50, but i've only done that once and that's when half the M1 had the 50mph speed restriction up it. from these numbers looks like the diesel will be A LOT more economical.

plus you gotta factor in that the A3 is a heavy car and the 1.6 is underpowered. you'll have to work it a lot harder to get it up to speed, overtake and keep up with traffic.

The DIS on my 2.0 TDi with DSG says that in the last 62 hours of motoring I have averaged 59MPG! I think it sounds a little optimistic. that said I live in a village and only very rarely head in to urban areas in the car.

getting around 41 for around town... never more than 45 on the motorway even doing 70mph :sadlike:

I seem to get around 35 average MPG for town and 40 on the m'way in my 2.0 FSI Sportsback.