Should I get my A3 serviced?

keirk

Reaction score
Hey,

I've recently purchased a 2005 A3 2.0 FSI Sportsback, with 34k on the clock.

It's got a full service history, with the last service done last year (about 10k ago), but it's not had the cambelt done.

The service indicator says there is like 350 days / 10k odd until the service is due, but should I get it serviced / cambelt done sooner (seeing as its now 5 years old?) or should I wait?

Also whats the ballpark figure for a service plus cambelt?

Thanks,

KeirK

hmm tough call, but i would play safe, a year is a long time to put it off and also at 10k since last service she would benefit from being done imho

the car is obviously on the long life service plan service it if you want but all is fine
and the the cambelt needs changing at 5 years also might as well get the water pump changed while they have every thing off

in the same boat, 53 plate with 28K on it but as you say timing belt is due at 65k/75k? or 5 years. Only difference is i'd be doing it myself.

IIRC, 40k is the 1st real service as at 20K is just oil, oil filter & pollen filter if needed plus a quick once over.

Thanks for your replies. Last car was a MG TF so forgive me for being paranoid...

Will probably get the cambelt / water pump and 40k service done September time.

Fingers crossed it dont blow up before then :sm4: