Creating an Aux input for stereo

everfresh

Reaction score
Could anyone give me some details on exactly what to do to install an aux input for an '06 A3? Don't think I can live without one, simply because I use my 3GS for everything from music to nav using MotionX and of course making and taking calls.... or am I better off installing a new system altogether?

At the very least, does someone know the pinout to the A3 stereo, or if it even exists??

xcarlink is the cheapest option:
http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/bmy_search.php?brand=AUDI&model=A3&Year=2006

You can't just plug a wiring adapter in as the only inputs to any Audi HU (apart fom the newest ones) are via the CD changer port, and the HU needs to recognise a changer is connected for it to appear as an available source. To do this you need some electronics to fool the HU into thinking a changer is connected, which is what the above unit does.

if your car doesn't have phone prep that's not the right thing for you. also that's only for the phone functionality, not for the iPod functionality.

the newer cars have an aux-in in the centre console, in the little rubber thing behind the cigarette lighter/12V socket. ppl have retrofitted it, but that's something you'll have to search for because i don't have a link and i don't know how to do it myself.

your other option is getting BT and iPod integration retrofitted, which can be done. you need an MFSW for that though. i was about to post you some links until i realised you don't live in the UK.

personally i'm thinknig of fitting one of these: http://www.2point5.com/

however you still won't be able to use your phone through the car's systems. i'd suggest maybe compromising and getting a bluetooth hands free earpiece if cost is an issue, otherwise retrofit bluetooth and that dock ^^^ using one of Audi's iPod integration kits.

good luck!

Well if you ever want to go the whole hog for the audi rns-e sat nav, BT, aux-in etc let me know as I can install.

Oops lmfao, oh well feck it, if he makes it worthwhile I'll fly there & do it lol.

I've literally just installed a connects2 CTVADX001 in my 53 A3 with the same head unit as you. You may need the CTVADX002 depends on if you've got the newer stereo. Anyway it only cost about £30 and took 5 mins to install. You will lose your cd changer if you have one but shouldn't be a problem since you'll be playing music thtough your phone. Having said that you may want to get a proper iphone interface so then it will charge your phone as well.