Free remap anyone???

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
I know it's old news, resetting the ECU with a battery disconnect, but jeeez looouuiisssee..................... I didn't realise it was going to make that sort of difference!!

I've owned my car (a 2.0TFSI DSG) for almost three months now and whilst I was pleased with the quickness of it (exaggerated by the fact that I came from a 2.0 FSI), I was getting used to the feel of it.

Anyway, thought I'd help it forget it's last owner and did the battery pull. Left it disconnected for about 35-40mins, reconnected, and off I went for a little drive.

Well, the difference was significant. It now pulls a lot more, the boost feels more aggressive and basically it doesn't really feel like it's the same car.

During the drive I started to ask myself if this was just placebo, as I knew that things are "supposed" to get better after an ECU reset.

But no, it wasn't.

Looking down at the dash, every time I floored it I could see the little traction control icon flashing.
In that 20 minute drive it flashed more than it had flashed in the whole three months I have owned the car.

Think I might put off that stage 1 map for a little longer now, at least until the ECU 'learns' the restricted London driving that is forced down its throat every time it tries to stretch its legs, and slows the car down again.

now you need to clean the throttle body and run some oil flush, follow that up with a throttle body adaptation in vag com and youll see even more

Have to be honest I tried this and didn't notice any difference apart from having to re-programme my auto windows.
Now I have the Flashloader though i frequently switch between Stock and Pump so will not suffer any problems from ECU learning blunting the map off ...Although Pump is killing the ******* clutch :-(

What happens to people like me that have a revo mapping, when we disconnect battery, do we lose the mapping and have to re-load it??:unsure:

What happens to people like me that have a revo mapping, when we disconnect battery, do we lose the mapping and have to re-load it??:unsure:

Nope.
Only an ECU reflash would mean a re load so to speak.

No its hard coded into the ecu mate you dont lose the map unless audi do a reload of ecu whilst in the shop which does happen.

EDIT: Feck it Paul beat me to it, so here's a pic

mankini-man.jpg

Last edited:
No its hard coded into the ecu mate you dont lose the map unless audi do a reload of ecu whilst in the shop which does happen.

EDIT: Feck it Paul beat me to it, so here's a pic

mankini-man.jpg

:laugh:wrong `un.

Aythree will get a bonk on when he sees that pic.:whistle2:

Have to be honest I tried this and didn't notice any difference apart from having to re-programme my auto windows.
Now I have the Flashloader though i frequently switch between Stock and Pump so will not suffer any problems from ECU learning blunting the map off ...Although Pump is killing the ******* clutch :-(

What do you mean exactly by reprogramming your windows? Do you mean there is a way to auto-close all windows on locking?
The stealers told me there was no way to do this on an 07 S3 (yeah I know I can't believe I beleived them either)

What do I need to do this?

What do you mean exactly by reprogramming your windows? Do you mean there is a way to auto-close all windows on locking?
The stealers told me there was no way to do this on an 07 S3 (yeah I know I can't believe I beleived them either)

What do I need to do this?

Hold your remote lock button down & windows will close, now there are 2 forms, 1 is to hold & until closed & other is to hold until started to close & then let go & they will close by themselves including sunroof, the latter needs a code step done further.

He means reprogramme the one touch close & open when in the car.

Oi Nige..... (this is my thread so I can hijack it).........

What's going on here there..... just found this fault:

Address 25: Immobilizer Labels: 1K0-920-xxx-25.LBL
Part No SW: 8P0 920 981 D HW: 8P0 920 981 D
Component: KOMBIINSTR. VDO H80 0430

1 Fault Found:
01179 - Incorrect Key Programming
000 - -

My key works though :uhm:

Thanks for the replies Paul and Nige, I might give this battery disconnecting a go during the weekend, just to see if it gives my car a kick up the jacksy!! :racer:

Thanks for the replies Paul and Nige, I might give this battery disconnecting a go during the weekend, just to see if it gives my car a kick up the jacksy!! :racer:

I'm going to do it weekly. Just been down to KFC and I still can't believe the difference it's made. Even the engine/exhaust sounds crisper.

I'm going to do it weekly. Just been down to KFC and I still can't believe the difference it's made. Even the engine/exhaust sounds crisper.

I would say ***** yourself but guess you got them lined up to do it for yer pmsl lmfao

If Carlsberg did jokes..........

................that wouldn't be one of them. :tumble:

Soooo.... Immobiliser???

Well carlsberg certainly helped that one I can assure you lmfao

Try clearing the fault 1st.

Using same key or you messing with 2 keys?

NHN
Sorry to hijack your post but I wonder if you can shed any light on my problem I changed oil and filters a month since and since then I have had problems with a blip and flat spot when easing off throttle
It has been on the computer 3 times and no fault can be found
I noticed on Elsawin there was a software update on this problem On checking mine it has the old software
" This is the crunch bit I did change my Battery at the same time and noting your comments could the software have reverted to the old one

As It would cost me £200 to have it back to a main Dealer It would be as well having a remap
CAR is 2006 2.0TDI 140
Any comment much apreciated

Uh no, the update would probably be hard coded into the ecu or relevant module, the only thing that appears to revert is the drivings styles & the dsg usage thats learnt as you drive mate, it wont loose its firmware update with a battery off.

Only time the FW is ever changed is by way of a reload by dealers/independents, a remap or a new module.

TBH mate if there is a software update for this specific problem then they should do it for free as it is a known issue, attack your dealer or dealers about this with the Technical Bulletin number aswell which adds more weight to your claim & they maybe will concede or charge you very little.

Can you post specifics from elsa about the update & maybe open another thread aswell so its an individual issue.

Thanks
Sorry I dont now how to add attachment

Technical product information
Transaction No.: 2013330/6
Engine judders when accelerating lightlz from 1900 to 2300 rpm - A3 1.9/2.0 l TDI
Release date: 26-Jun-2008

Customer statement / workshop findings
The engine judders at constant speed and subsequent light acceleration in a rev range of about 1900 rpm to 2300 rpm.​

Technical background
Software adjustment in the engine control unit​

Production change
Optimised engine control unit software​

Measure
Try to reproduce the customer complaint so that it can be clearly assigned to this TPI.
The following repair must only be carried out, if all the criteria (model/type, chassis number, engine/gearbox code, PR number(s), software version, code etc. ) match exactly. Otherwise this solution won't work and repeat repairs may be necessary. In such a case, we may reject the warranty claim and redebit the parts.

Update engine control unit with optimised software.​
Check the software version of engine control unit and update it if necessary.​
Procedure: Guided fault finding - Go to functions/component selection - software version management (SVM) - problem-related update - enter SVM code - code see table.

Audi A3 1.9 l 77 kW

Engine control unit
Old data versions
New data version
SVM code
CD part number
03G 906 021 LS
8279; 8552
8P01A020
8P0 906 961 AE

Audi A3 2.0 l 4V 103 kW

Engine control unit
Old data versions
New data version
SVM code
CD part number
03G 906 021 LG
8503; 9179
9558; 9828
8P01A027
8P0 906 961 AE
•
An update with CD via self-diagnosis is not possible. If the tester cannot find the files for the update, insert the CD (see table) and perform the update as described above with the SVM code.​
•
If this also not possible, contact your IT support.​
•
Note: In future the Audi AG will not use CDs any more, so the an update is only possible with SVM.​

Accounting instructions
Service number/damage code/manufacturer: 2360 / 0039 / …
Accounting with APOS:
Repair operation:
Designation:
Time units:
Charge battery
10 TU
GFF/guided functions​
TU according to diagnosis protocol​

Accounting with APOS/2:
Illustration:
Position:
Number:
Designation:
Activity:
Time units:
STA-02​
915105​
Charge battery​
10 TU​
STA-02​
S00032​
Guided fault finding​
TU according to diagnosis protocol​

Customer information
---​

Well with that info I'd definitely get hold of the dealer & if they wont do for free get hold of audi uk, as its a known issue they should resolve for free.

would this work on a 1.9tdi ? so by unplugging the batt for 25mins or so it resets the ecu ?

what then needs to be reprogramed ? and how ?

would this work on a 1.9tdi ? so by unplugging the batt for 25mins or so it resets the ecu ?

what then needs to be reprogramed ? and how ?

Yep will work also.
Unplug negative terminal (-) followed by positive terminal (+), leave for half an hour, reconnect positive then negative.
Then (and this bit I read somewhere but not sure if it's necessary) switch ignition to first position and leave for 5 minutes, then start car and let idle for 5 minutes, then restart car and go for a drive.

Windows need to be reprogrammed after (wind them all the way up, release and re-press button, then wind all the way down and do the same).

Yep will work also.
Unplug negative terminal (-) followed by positive terminal (+), leave for half an hour, reconnect positive then negative.
Then (and this bit I read somewhere but not sure if it's necessary) switch ignition to first position and leave for 5 minutes, then start car and let idle for 5 minutes, then restart car and go for a drive.

Windows need to be reprogrammed after (wind them all the way up, release and re-press button, then wind all the way down and do the same).

What about the Radio? Take it that will need a security code put in? If so cant say ive seen code in hand book for it.

Depends on radio cause the RNS remembers the last vin no.

Mines 2007 Audi Concert system, So take it i will need one?
Do audi give you the code with there cars or somethink they now make you take back to them?

Look inside your car handbook papers & there will be a manual with a card have on the 1st page with pin number on usually.

The new rns mk2 like I have dont come with a pin, as 1st vin no. they plug into is remembered thus works without.