JMB RetrofitsBadger5

Thread: Car Rant

5th Gear

Status

Car Rant

Hi,

Just wanted to vent my frustrations hehe

I,ve got abit bored of my car but not sure what to do.....

Just noticed the bloody thing has split the drivers side cv. boot (had the passenger side so had that done a few month ago).

Can't decide wether to keep it and just run it into the ground (not neglect it i just mean keep it longer than I would normally keep a car) or get it sold and onto something else....

Not sure what it's worth....

2005 3.2 S-Line,
    Half leather,
    55k miles
    RNS-E
    Goodyear Assys all round done about 4k
    Metallic Black

The car is in very nice condition and would seem a pity to get rid.....

Also had thoughts of going from petrol to derv. but not sure I want to go that drastic!!!

What do you guys (and girls) think??? Would only want to be paying 12-15k for my next car so not sure if it's worth the effort.....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    i know how you feel sometimes getting stuff replaced kinda pisses you off (even moreso when you do it by yourself) i wouldnt get rid of it yet, give it another 2 weeks after repair and see if you still feel the same

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

S3 (8P)

Status
    The 3.2 is great bang for buck and a tough act to follow for the money, 4wd, fine cabin, 250bhp with good image understated styling and a nice sound.
    After having 4wd and liking it so much I reckon I will struggle to go back to 2wd which really narrows the options.

If mpg isnt important then why not go for something daft like a STi/EVO.
    Or raid the piggy bank and stretch to an S3, or an E46 M3, or Boxster S, or S4........

Cheers
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers for the replys. Yeah I think that's the issue the 3.2 is such a good buy it's hard to find something to fit the bill.

I have been thinking E46 M3 but not sure I want to get something that could cost me heaps if it went wrong (i know my car and I know something could go wrong but its different on a new car hey)

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Hey Jonathan, sorry you are feeling a bit fed up of the car!

I wouldnt go the Beamer route, I came from one and love the quattro, hard act to follow!!!

Maybe get the repairs done and see how you feel then, dont rush into it. Think you may tire of the diesel after yours! Depends whats important to you now.

Good look deciding but you know my thoughts lol!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah I do like the quattro.... but do like the M3's... Maybe I should go and try one to get rid of the thoughts in my head!!! Also been looking at Z4 3.0 coupes.......

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Try the Beamer esp in winter lol!

Seriously, try one if you haven't already. You will either love or hate.

May be an idea to check servicing costs (Dealer and an Indi) just to give you an idea what they cost.

(The Beamer 3.0 diesel is a hard engine to better in my opinion, and the twin turbo one...well, just drive one to see)

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    3.2 CV boots !! I have done 3 in 4 years. You get used to it. I thought abpout a change but which ever way you look at it Paul is right. The 3.2 is great value for money and you can have a lot of boots done for the price of a change of car !! even with my recent bills it was still cheaper to get it fixed than to do a sideways move to BM or S3..... and anyway, dont think M3's will be less than double the running costs of a 3.2.....lol

Now go and wash your mouth out with soap and pray to the great Audi god ( Jeremy) for forgiveness
    Last edited by paddy; 5th July 2010 at 17:10.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Geordie Racer

Status
    I'm in the same position edition - for the past month or two I've been looking really hard for a replacement car and I concur with Paul, the 3.2 is a tough act to follow. My 3.2 has a massive spec and I find it hard for some reason when looking at a new car to drop (take a backward step) on options!

And like you, my car is nearly 6 years old now and we all know that sometimes the 3.2 can be a little temperamentel and if something goes wrong it can get v pricey. unlike Paddy, I couldnt afford to just whip out serious cash for repairs - this has been a major niggle for me recently although the car (touch wood) has been running well.

Anyhow, having always owned petrol cars, and for the past 3 years Quattro cars, I've decided (I think) I'm going to switch to derv and for the very first time rear wheel drive... in the guise of a 330D M Sport (subject to change!).

I figure that remapped there wont be much difference in performance other than the delivery of it and I wont be at the pumps as often or paying silly road tax, I also have a first baby on the way which has been another factor prompting me to reconsider the A3.

Problem is, every time I decide I'm going to do it I end up coming to the conclusion that its best to stick with what I have or just buy an S3 sportback:P

Head says 330d, heart says S3 sportback, when it comes to making the decision I end up sticking withthe 3.2 :D
    Last edited by Hellz; 5th July 2010 at 17:13.
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    You may also find, sadly, the 330d isnt as economical as you may imagine, esp if its auto, deffo not!

My 530d was a great car, but the auto box made it a bit less economical than my 3.2!!! Can you believe it! Plus I hated the rear wheel drive after i finished playing with it lol, only so much sliding thats fun esp in the wet!

Just do some homework first on costs etc, esp from guys who own them. Then decide after a test drive.