remapping the new 2.0 140 tdi CR

a3rick

The Ibis
Reaction score
Has anyone had their new 2.0 tdi 140 CR engine remapped? If so where did you get it done?

Hey Rick,

have been looking into this for a while now, Revo Custom Code and Celtic Tuning's division in the south www.Southwestincartech.co.uk have all hit the short list.
what has swung it for me is that South west seem to be able to pull more from their maps than the others and also seem a tad cheaper (quoted £280 including Vat and pre and post dyno's). I have not lept into this and have looked around for a while checking out the credibility of these different places. Revo and CC speak for themsleves so the research really went into south west.
after searching for reviews, i managed to speak to a couple of people who have had work done by them, (one who i know personally lol) and they both said how impressed they were with them, the place is ran by two guys who basically seem to live and breath all car electronics! i have spoken to mark and he has quelled all my fears, and also offered to do the remap and then let me take the car out for an hour or so before i part with any cash.
he has also said that if the dealer reflash's from service or repair etc, that they will put the map back on for £30 (first time free).
not trying to blow smoke up their tail pipes or nothing, but just seems like a good deal all round really.
plus there quoting 201bhp for the Cr, a figure which my friend who i quizzed said is correct on his 10 plate sirocco 138 cr!

mine is booked in for saturday the 17th July (My birthday:yahoo:) so will tell you all about how they are when i've been!

Hi Haines,
that sounds like a very good deal you have there, I was looking at the bluefin but at 400 odd quid seems a bit steep!! Let me know how it goes once you've had it done.

Dave aka h5djr iirc did his newer CR 140, give him a shout.

Yes I've had my 2.0TDI-140 CR remapped and very pleased I am with the job that was done. I'm on holiday in Austria at the moment (with my A3) but I will be home on Thursday and I will post again with the details of who did my remap and how much it cost as I don't have the details with me.

My previous A3 was a 2.0TDI-170 PD and my remaped 140 goes just as well as the 170 and gives me better fuel consumption and cost a lot less that the £900 difference between the 140 CR and the 170 CR.

Cheers Dave,
Enjoy your holiday, let me know the details when your back.

yeah would be nice to know who did yours Dave, what you got out of it, costs etc

Well I'm back after an excellent holiday in Austria with my A3 (and my wife!)

The company who did the re-map on on 2.0TDI-140 CR were Performance Torque (www.p-torque.co.uk) at 6b Armtronik Trading Estate, Wombourne, WV5 8AP and the total cost including a bit of discount for being a member of Audi-Sport.net was £295.00.

The remapped has made the already smooth 140CR even better with a quicker pick-up and a bit more at the top end. The overall performance is now as good as my previous 170PD version. To give an example of the fuel consumption, on my 2500 mile trip to Austria and back, the overall average was 48.7mpg. This included some slow motoring around the villages etc in Austria and some 120mph bits on the German Autobahns. For the journey back across France I used the Autoroutes and had my cruise control set at 90mph for nearly 6 hours without the slightest hi-cup. The car has now done around 19,000 (remap was at 8,000 miles) and goes in for it's 1st service on Monday.

Just thought i'd give everyone an update who may be interested,

Had my Car Mapped Saturday by South West, after initially having an issue with Checksum on the new Ecu's Mark at South west got it cracked and went to town on the remap, I asked about a hundred questions which were all answered to satisfaction by Mark, actually had a good laugh and the results so far have been outstanding!

the Car was Dyno'd prior to having the map done and was pushing out 144bhp, once Mark had discussed the options around the remap and it had been done, it now sits at a really respectable 199bhp.
power delivery seems to be really smooth, flat spot when quickly changing gear has been replaced by just go go go lol!
Driving to work this morning and yesterday (60 mile round trip) normally gives me anywhere between 47 & 51 on the mpg, yet yesterday and today have both been in the late 50's!

now I'm certainly not saying Mark & south west are the best around, I can only say that my Experience with them has been nothing but a pleasant one from start to finish, the money forked out was very reasonable £280. :yahoo::yahoo:

but I am saying their definitely worth a look if their within your radius! www.southwestincartech.co.uk

Haines can you keep feeding back on the economy for me chap please just now and then? i would like the extra power but its the economy that drove me to get the 140 over all so if we can make it better all the better!

Appreciate the comments in this thread guys really useful! thanks.

yeah no probs, will take the next fill up, and clock the miles exactly, including when i floor it! :jump:

OK Guys, first full tank has just been done, here is the breakdown:

Filled with standard Diesel
driven to and from work every week day, motorway travel ave speed 80-85, 25miles each way.
sensible driving = 80%
wooohoooo driving! = 20%

ave drive home Mpg is now between 52mpg and 54mpg, struggled to get 48 previously.

miles from this tank, just as fuel warning indicator on computer has come up for first time = 540

Don't know how amazing this is, but previously i would need to bleed the car almost dry to do 540 on a tank, car is a 2010 BE 2.0 140tdi with Start Stop, that has a remap from south west (199Bhp), currently done nearly 7k.

All I can say is I'm Chuffed to bits with the work Mark at South west has done, and I get a bit better Fuel economy now, not bad for just shy of £300 I don't think.