Fitting new passenger side window scraper

brettsh555

Reaction score
Hello all

I need to fit a new exterior passenger side window scraper (the horizontal piece of rubber which fits to the outside of the door at door mirror height, which makes contact with the glass and stops water leaking in the door) to my 3 door A3 UK 2004 model. I've trawled through the web, but can't seem to find instrcuctions on how to do this.

Is anyone able to advise how this is done?

Many thanks

Hello

I bent the window scraper accidently.

After getting stuck, I had another go at this as I needed to change it today. I've now managed to change it without bending the new one. The bit I was stuck on was removing the end of the old scraper near the mirror, which I discovered meant unsecuring/removing the mirror by pinging off the rubber cover near the mirror on the inside of the door and undoing the bolt which holds the mirror on.

This then allowed me to fit the new scraper without damaging it and once the new scraper was in place, I then re-attached the mirror.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Cheers

Hi brettsh, I am looking to do the same job on my 2003 A6. May I ask where you got the spare part from? thanks

Get new strips from Audi.

Fitting the trim is actually fairly simple, it just uses a compression fitting in as such it has a compressed gap that pushes onto the top thin metal rail of that horizontal part of the door, its very easy to bend these so anyone in future be careful as removal usually ends up needing new if you want it looking anywhere near straight & not bubbly when viewed.

Also on the 8P it doesnt stop the water, the strip has a channel inside it almost like river banks as such, it merely guides it along the top of the door & drips down behind the speaker which I'm looking into with audi about solutions for damage as per a thread I started, then there is a hole in the bottom of the door for the drainage.

NHN, thank you very much for getting back to me & for the useful info

No worries, there is a thankyou button below anyone's post except your own of course :p