Worn door hinge pin?

Jonay

Reaction score
Hi, new owner of a 55plate A3 3 door and I've noticed that the driver door when closing slightly hangs down a bit (and i mean only ever so slightly) and when it comes to the frame you can see it lifting up into place.

also the door squeeks/creaks against the door seals when driving, I dont know if its because of this or if its the chassis twisting. Both doors seem to be doing this but the passenger door doesnt seem to have the first problem.

Advise?

How much roughly would a door hinge pin be from Audi? fitted?

Can you visually see the door hanging down or are you assuming that from the way it connects to the hinge?

The reason I ask is that I had what sounds to be the same issue on my passenger door wherby the door lock was slightly out of alightment with the hinge (silver bit on the body of the car which the door lock slots into).

The result of that was that the door didn't sound smooth when closing as the door lock was catching the hinge first before being lifted/slotted/forced back into correct poistioning and then locking.

If your problem is the same then this can be cured by losening the screws on the frame (silver bit on the body of the car ) and adjusting it to match the door lock.

Hope this makes sense as I'm not the best at explaining these things. Someone should come along and explain it better soon.

NHN?

With regards to the creaking: sorry, I can't add any input her as it's not something I've experienced or read about.

Saggy doors are common. Mine have been adjusted before.
Get it sorted before the door seal wears through like mine did.
Luckily it was covered under warranty.

Cheers
Paul

the doors are very heavy and sagging is common to happen in a year just get it adjusted and greased and you wont be hearing anything for a long while