MTM Bimotos

Lex696

Reaction score
Easy now

Looking to get some 18's for my pending S3 Sportback. Been doing the research and many a google search from this and other forums says they look ace but arent reliable. They buckle and weigh +20kgs with tyres!!

These posts however are a few years old so I wondered if anyone knew the latest scoop. From MTM now:

"Particular attention has been given to ensuring high solidity in construction. The bimoto rims higher load bearing capacity at less weight is attributable to the forged manufacturing as compared with cast rims."

Have they altered their production process and now run only forged rims? Were the older buckling problems cast wheels? It says Bentleys can run on them but RS4 forums account numerous buckling issues which is surely a lighter car. In Cyprus we have potholes galore so I dont fancy shelling out a few grand for wheels only to have them inevitably buckle. Other option is BBS CH in black but the Bimotos are a classic look and something different!

thoughts?

hey mods - maybe shift this to the s4 forum in case they have more feedback?

Hello mate. From what I've heard it's true that they do weigh alot and tend to buckle. However I'm sure they are also made by bbs. There are a few guys that used to have them.

I have 19x8.5 polished titanium Bimotos and yes they are heavy - can't feel it when driving but sure did when I picked one up lol. As for buckling, well, they may well do on an RS4/6 but I doubt you'll have problems on an S3!

cheers maestro - pics? forgive my noob ignorance but why would that be?

i;m no physics buff but a pothole is a pothole at speed isnt it? i mean i know the car weight is vastly different but opposing forces and all that, the impact of the external force is the issue isnt it?

The 7's look good - bit bmw though. are they a good make?

3602456664_76b17c26ab_b.jpg