Lateral crash sensor

c0kecan

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My airbag light kept flashing so had it diagnosed at Audi on Saturday for free luckily.
Was told it was a leteral crash sensor on the passenger side. Have for a new one and installed it but the airbag light is still on

Will I have to have the DTC cleared before the light goes off after putting in the new part?

usually the airbag module needs cleared however if the module has decognised it as a sporadic fault it probably wont require a reset though the error will remain stored but you wont see the picture on your dash

So it may not have been the module and possibly the wiring leading to it.

Will see if I can get it reset and go from there. They said it could
be wiring or sensor. Only paid 30 quid for sensor anyway.

May have to bite the bullet and get Audi to look at it for 90 quid an hour

why not speak to a user on here with vagcom, or invest in it yourself far cheaper rates either way

Vag com is expensive. 200 odd quid

I asked for someone with vagcom in Portsmouth last week to diagnose but got no reply.

The light goes off as I start the car then back on instantly

2 hours work and youre at the vaalue of vagcom, and its not 200 speak to nhn he will sort you out

good chance it could be a poor connection,most will need just clearing,but in vagcom it will show you the values,normal is around 2.4ohms working, disconnected default is around 7.2ohms,poor connections give anything between that. vagcom is what you need.

I can only see the connector for the sensor end, the other end is probably tucked away in the most awkward place anyway. They look clean and undamaged, the tunnel the cables run through is spotless, but hey yoiu never know.

Have PM`d two members in my area to see if they can help

This is getting wierder.

The light is on first time the car starts every day. Then drove to london and withion 20 mins or so the light goes out and stays out. parked car up over night, get back in the morning and light back on.

I can see the connector where it connects to the sensor . Where can i find the other end

It has to be a crappy connection that as the car warms up it solves itself.

Any help would be great

generally the airbag module sits in the centre of the car,ie under the gearshift or handbrake tunnel,i would think it sits forward of the car,there you will find the multiplug for the the loom,have you removed the sensor plug,cleaned and refitted?

Get vagcom on it mate & a wiring schematic.

have replaced the sensor. plugs clean and not corroded, think its the other end possibly.

where do i get a wiring schematic from. and what am i looking for in vagcom

My canbus lead from china worked. located the problem to the front passenger sensor.

Took out sensor next to headlight and it was corroded green connectors. sprayed cconrtact cleaner and gave a wipe etc.

plugged back in and the faulit had gone, cleared DTCs .

All good Fingers Crossed