numberplate recess

Reaction score
hi guys just wondering if any of you know the part number for the numberplate recess, holder, which is on the front bumper of an s line. mine just has a minor dent in it and i would like to get a new one. many thanks.

sorry about that my laptop ran out of battery! its an 06 plate. im not familiar with then so i wudnt know what the shortend version is! does it look any better? many thanks

doh shoulda noticed by the username haha, the shortened version is for us plates, dont know if anyone has done the mod overe here, check out a us car and youll see it

Is it possible to get one without a numberplate recess here in the UK?

I have a bumper for an 05 - 08 I think it is, non sline single grill bumper to update the front of mine, but when it comes to the grill i am not sure what route to go yet as I would like to get a smoothed one made up or if they are readily available it would be easier! :)

i think they only do one with the shortened recess mate for the us style plates

Ah ok thanks mate, how much are those ones?

Did have a pic of an actual A3 with this front, but had to find one on google as I think its on my home comp.. but this is the sort that I meant :( Was hopeful that it's readily available lol

pic-58114.jpeg

ill have a look when i get home bud i dont think ive ever seen a non recessed one

hmm must be the us spec one, didnt realise it had no recesss at all ill dig out p/ns drop me a pm and remind me tomorrow

ha ive had lots of help over the years nice to give back every once and awhile

grr my etka wont let me into country codes but youre looking to order a single grill, the usa version perhaps someone else can help

speak to marcquinvlan over on vagoc.co.uk his is always on the dot mines been iffy since the start