Got my A3 today! A Few questions....

mase2hot

Reaction score
Hi,

ok today I got my A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI Sport 2005 model. All is good apart from the fuel cap which opens when you open the car! Something is missing but garage said they will post it to me.

Anyway onto the question, when can I get an online version of the manual? As there are buttons which I have no idea what they do and the logos on them mean nothing to me. I also though the sport came with automatic lights, wipers and cruise contol. I sure my car doesn't have these, but with no manual I'm not that sure.

The trip computer what does it actually show? I just see a milage which I presume is how long i can go without filling up. But there doesn't seem to be anything else when I press in the right button. My 206 included average mpg, and many other types of info...

Cheers

the sport only includes foglights climate control alloys hand heated mirrors mate

the dis does display more the button to flick through is on the end of the wiper stalk you get average mpg average speed for your current journey and one of each again for overall (ince the last reset)

My Sport doesn't have auto wipers/lights or cruise... it could well be an optional factory extra?

From memory the DIS displays

Fuel Range in miles
Average MPG for your current journey
Average Speed for your current journey
Time spent on your current journey
These are all indicated by a small '1' in a little red box to the right of the readout. If you stop the car and don't drive it again for 2 hours the above numbers will all reset themselves (except fuel range).

In addition the DIS also displays total Average MPG, total average Speed and total Driving Time since the last manual reset (these are all indicated by a small '2' in a little red box to the right of the readout). You can reset each individual display by holding down the reset button on the stalk for approx 5 seconds.

ok, thanks for that. on the air con what is the button in between the up and down arrow do?

Up arrows directs heat/cool to top of dash.
Down arrows directs heat/cool to footwells.
Middle button directs heat/cool to centre console vents.

thanks for that, also how do you control both climate temperatures at the same time? I managed to do this once by pressing the button inbetween the up and down arrows but no joy since....

Press auto for about 5-10 seconds & this will put it into dual mode IIRC.