Keys locked in 54plate A3

DOLPHIN DIESEL

Reaction score
I've been installing a new wheel/airbag so had the battery disconnected, When i re-connected it (with the keys in the ignition!) the car locked itself, Is there an external way of getting back in?

Long shot but worth a try!!

Any help is appriciated

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think that you can't get in the car without any professional help. After all, you want your car to be safe, so noone can get in when it's locked (that includes you unfortunately) :)
If you don't have your spare key, then you should visit the dealers with your VIN number... They will know what to do...

i had the same problem in my previous car, VW Passat, i called the RAC they used an inflatable wed on the off side drivers door to prise it open enough to side in a long pice of steel wire he bent it so it had a hook on the end, he then fed it trough the slight gap made by the door wedge from one side to the other he manipulated the wire so it engaged with the door latch/handle on the nearside drivers door.

he had it opened in n10 minutes

hope this helps

Philip

i had the same problem in my previous car, VW Passat, i called the RAC they used an inflatable wed on the off side drivers door to prise it open enough to side in a long pice of steel wire he bent it so it had a hook on the end, he then fed it trough the slight gap made by the door wedge from one side to the other he manipulated the wire so it engaged with the door latch/handle on the nearside drivers door.

hope this helps

Philip

ive done this before on older cars but didint want to risk damaging anything on this. thanks for the replys everyone. im sure i will get it sorted

hope this helps

Philip

Yeah, I've done this on older cars, it bends the corner its pumped in, I found this out when I went through a car wash and got soaked!! lol.
Food for thought anyway....

did you get it sorted as i have the same problem