Badger5JMB Retrofits

Thread: Monza Silver

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status

Monza Silver

Hi all

Got the day off work tomorrow to go car shopping! I'm looking at the 1.8T A3 Black Edition but not sure what colour to go for? I was originally going for Ibis White but everyone has it by me and its starting to get a bit annoying, I wanted Ibis White to be different but now it appears to be the new black by me as I'm sure it's the same everywhere else. I've been looking at Monza Silver as I don't see many but not entirely convinced by it, it looks great in some pictures but quite boring in others. It looks to me like its got a tint of blue in it, is this right as I haven't seen one in the flesh?

What's everyones thoughts and if there are any good pictures of Monza Silver looking its best that could be shared that would be great?

Thanks in advance!

James

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

2. # ADS
    ADS

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Not sure if it has a blue hint but Silver is an ace colour!!! With black grill etc, brilliant! Go for it

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Pii
    4th Gear

Status

Monza Silver

Having had 2 silver cars I think it's now an out of date colour.

Obviously biased opinion but I think it was used on every car so much that it was overkilled.

Don't get me wrong the colour is still nice but I wouldn't consider that colour unusual/different.

Just my 2ps worth.

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    I've had a few silver cars (when they were in vogue) and the thing that always annoyed me was that you never felt totally pleased with it after spending hours cleaning and polishing it, silver never has the depth that a nice dark or dark metallic colour has.

I'd steer clear of white too, it's a bit 2009.

If you want to be different, splash out and go for an "exclusive" colour.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    I know, thats the problem! Silver is a dated colour that you will always see on the road and white was the colour for last year, I would love to splash out on Sepang Blue but I do have a limit, exclusive paint is so expensive for what it is!

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Audi Heaven

Status
    Why limit yourself to the black edition?? There are plenty of S-Lines out there with black edition spec but in various colours. You can change the grill to the black type and this was even an option on the standard S-line anyway so may already have it....

Misano Red or Lava Grey would me my choice but colour is a personal thing..
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack