Suzuka Gray A3, any other Suzuka grays out there?

philipjmarshall

Reaction score
some pics of my new A3 S-Line Black E
4724615842_a442815624_b.jpg
4723965789_b594bc04e8_b.jpg
4723970843_b2bc4b06be_b.jpg
:kissmyrings:dition

very nice! I think theres some one on here that has had there A3 resprayed Suzuka Grey and theres a couple of S3 :)

Quite agree wesley i love it,has a lot of comments from nabours as to what colour it is and why it changes colour so much in different light. but is it worth the extra dosh? read here somewhere that a forum member was pulled by police, and as you know at night in headlights the car looks white but the police computer shows car as being gray!!, don't need that.

Quite agree wesley i love it,has a lot of comments from nabours as to what colour it is and why it changes colour so much in different light. but is it worth the extra dosh? read here somewhere that a forum member was pulled by police, and as you know at night in headlights the car looks white but the police computer shows car as being gray!!, don't need that.

Yes mate that was me. They did number plate recognition and came up as grey, but under headlights the rozzers said they couldn't make up their mind whether it was white or light silver. So hence I got stopped. They thought car had been nicked and resprayed. I suppose it was good that they are checking but that happened twice in one week.
But yes colour does turn a few heads that's for sure. Problem is camera never seems to capture what you see in the flesh. My last car in Misano Red pearl was the same. Every picture I took of that came out orange.

I had the same problem with the photos, i've just purchased a polarizing filter for my Nikon camera as this dose help eliminate the problem, will upload results when i've washed the car next.

I had the same problem with the photos, i've just purchased a polarizing filter for my Nikon camera as this dose help eliminate the problem, will upload results when i've washed the car next.

Look forward to the results. I'm thinking of getting some decent shots of mine some day soon. Just need to find a good photographer but..........my skills behind the camera are p*sh

lovely car mate, if i get another s3 or audi ill prob go for suzuka i think.. would be nice to see some better pics...

Suzuka is a great colour - under rated in my opinion and a shame it's reserved as standard spec on RS only and is Exclusive across the rest of the range.
What products are you using on the car?
I've been trying some different products and have come back to Werkstat Acylic (used this on my Sprint S3 too) as it really brings the flake in the paint alive, lots of pop, lot's of shine and lot's of definition,
One thing I have found (after only 2300 miles) is that the paint can stain quite easily, bird cr@p, tar and god knows what all had to be lifted with autosmart tardis and a clay bar.... not going to enjoy doing that so frequently...

The dealership in Nottingham had a white theme going and every car was ibis but the TTRS, that was in the Suz Grey and stood out really well, i'm a huge fan of all things white but would not moan about having the exclusivity of the grey.

one thing though, if its a black edition where is your flat bottom steering wheel? don't you get that if you have the premium leather set?

Suzuka is a great colour - under rated in my opinion and a shame it's reserved as standard spec on RS only and is Exclusive across the rest of the range.
I've been trying some different products and have come back to Werkstat Acylic (used this on my Sprint S3 too) as it really brings the flake in the paint alive, lots of pop, lot's of shine and lot's of definition,
One thing I have found (after only 2300 miles) is that the paint can stain quite easily, bird cr@p, tar and god knows what all had to be lifted with autosmart tardis and a clay bar.... not going to enjoy doing that so frequently...

I am using the Werkstat Acrylic as well and built up quite a few layers now with the Jet. I agree that it certainly does seem to bring out the flake in the paint really well.
And again agree on the paint staining quite easily. Have just clayed the car once so far with just 150 miles on the clock. Now sitting at 2000 mile mark and holding out well, but I do find it is one of the hardest colours I've had to keep clean. I guess it is so noticeable when the dirt dulls the paint flake "pop"

The dealership in Nottingham had a white theme going and every car was ibis but the TTRS, that was in the Suz Grey and stood out really well, i'm a huge fan of all things white but would not moan about having the exclusivity of the grey.

one thing though, if its a black edition where is your flat bottom steering wheel? don't you get that if you have the premium leather set?

You are correct Richy, the flat bottom steering wheel is standard on all black editions models unless you have the premium leather upgrade, this worked out ok as my wife wasnt keen on the flat bottom one on the demo model.:no: As you can see in my pics the seats, steering wheel and gear stick and door inserts are all dressed in the same nap leather.
(smells great).

philip

ive always used Autosmart products on previouse cars, as my new one only done 250 miles so far i haven't yet used any thing other than Autosmart Duet premium wash and wax shampoo. i must admit i've never heard of Werkstat Acylic and would like to give this a try as you rate it so highly, my worry is (without my permission) the Audi dealer applied a perma glaze finish as compensation for delayed delivery of my new car (so say £500 normaly) will this affect the results.
your advise would be appreciated.

philip

Werkstat is a great product from what I can see so far. I have used quite a few products over the years such as Zymol etc.
This is the first light coloured pearl finish I have had so in some ways I am experimenting a bit at the moment.
Not sure how the perma glaze will affect your detailing. If i was you I would post on the detailing forum / or contact Polished Bliss. There are a lot of experienced detailers on the forum and the advice from PB is always very helpful.

What Willmac said - contact Polished Bliss for the Werkstat stuff and for advice - they always have time to help and point in the right direction and are completely honest in recommendations rather than pointing you to the most expensive stuff. They'll tell you all you need to know ;)
The perma shine is probably autoglym 'life shine' which is basically the stuff you can buy for £30 in Halfrauds... it's won't last for life and can be removed pretty easily.

EDIT - I should have some final results pic's from Inters this weekend ;)

You are correct Richy, the flat bottom steering wheel is standard on all black editions models unless you have the premium leather upgrade, this worked out ok as my wife wasnt keen on the flat bottom one on the demo model.:no: As you can see in my pics the seats, steering wheel and gear stick and door inserts are all dressed in the same nap leather.
(smells great).

philip

Also you went for the Alu look inlays not the piano black, looks really nice, like the silver stitching on the wheel.

As for the clay, looks like i'm going to have to purchase some of this also now, dam you guys your making me spend so much more money!! lol

What Willmac said - contact Polished Bliss for the Werkstat stuff and for advice - they always have time to help and point in the right direction and are completely honest in recommendations rather than pointing you to the most expensive stuff. They'll tell you all you need to know ;)
The perma shine is probably autoglym 'life shine' which is basically the stuff you can buy for £30 in Halfrauds... it's won't last for life and can be removed pretty easily.

EDIT - I should have some final results pic's from Inters this weekend ;)

Id go with this, there was a post on here where someone had it applied and its looked shocking and took 4 hours to polish it all off again himself. The more layers the better in my mind.

4724628556_1821f41f04_b.jpg
Also you went for the Alu look inlays not the piano black, looks really nice, like the silver stitching on the wheel.

As for the clay, looks like i'm going to have to purchase some of this also now, dam you guys your making me spend so much more money!! lol

Id go with this, there was a post on here where someone had it applied and its looked shocking and took 4 hours to polish it all off again himself. The more layers the better in my mind.
Hi Richy
it looks fine, great shine, having said that Ive only got the Audi salesman's word it was done in the fist place as he said he couldn't give me any paper work for the 5 year warranty on the work as it had been done for me f.o.c.( aren't i the lucky one, when you spend £28000 its the least you'd expect). how can i tell?

My other half has it on her Golf and there is a sticker in the front window. should be something, even a note in the service book?

Hi Richy
it looks fine, great shine, having said that Ive only got the Audi salesman's word it was done in the fist place as he said he couldn't give me any paper work for the 5 year warranty on the work as it had been done for me f.o.c.( aren't i the lucky one, when you spend £28000 its the least you'd expect). how can i tell?

oh i see what you mean, no yours looks great, his looked like someone had attacked it with a brilo pad. will tray and find that thread.

Ordered an S3 in Sazuka Grey ... Even though I like my black cars but that colour is stunning :p

Sal

Pregant and prouds thread was what started making me liking Suz Grey.

Think it looks stunning and a little more interesting that standard colors.

Suzuka Gray makes white look yellow. Amazing colour