New RS3 shots...its coming!

waring192

Reaction score
Found this on Vagoc.

Supposedly coming in SB only :w00t: and with 7 speed "s-tronic". Not too sure on the front bumper yet but it will grow on me. Also looks like it will be getting the twin oval exhausts. And check out the retractable spoiler:

2011-audi-rs3.jpg

audi-rs3-2011.jpg

2011-audi-rs3-spy.jpg

2011-audi-rs3-closeup.jpg

audi-rs3-retractable-rear-spoiler.jpg

http://carsspyphotos.com/2011-audi-rs3-spy/#more-2809

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/250647/

Now where do I sign up?!

Dude your late. Someone beat you to it. Although there are conflicting reports..1. Is that it will be SB only etc etc from a 'Audi worker' and 2. From magazines which are saying it will be on the next platform. Just don't know who to believe. Won't lie, I want one though.

Opps, I am late!! Regarding the reports, I highly believe that it will be SB only to keep costs lower.

Mods, please close this thread!!

I doubt very much it will be SB only!

I would presume it will be on the new format since the 8P shape is currently 6/7 years old.

Not too sure if I like the spoiler :S

Aesthetically speaking, thats just an S3 with a different front bumper. Not over impressed.

Aesthetically speaking, thats just an S3 with a different front bumper. Not over impressed.

Bumpers, flared front arches, wider front track, possibly wider rear track, bigger wheels, bigger brakes, likley to have twin oval pipes judging by the cut out on the shots. I dunno, I think when it's not in stealthy black it will look much better.

Bumpers, flared front arches, wider front track, possibly wider rear track, bigger wheels, bigger brakes, likley to have twin oval pipes judging by the cut out on the shots. I dunno, I think when it's not in stealthy black it will look much better.

It also likely to have more minor cosmetic changes than it looks now.

Also, what was everyone expecting? To have as much bling as the gash focus rs?!

1. Sensor trasnmitter from all the data logging kit onboard
2. Roll cage in the car
Final shot looks like the exhaust to me

Roll cage, Why would they have that for testing? It would change the handing of the car if it was not present in the final model

Thought it might of been, maybe its a shortened 2nd pipe?

Looking again at the spoiler, why would it be white under? Surely it would be the same colour as the bodywork? And it looks to perfectly folded back to have just broken off.

sad if it only comes as SB... if it comes as 3dr ill be having a nice 2nd hand one...... one day :yes:

Might be in SB only as the 3dr is looking tired now styling-wise whereas the SB still looks current. Or as someone said it could just be a new platform underneath using an old shape to hide it.

Spoiler or air brake showing Audi connection with Veyron ?

Definately a roll cage, maybe, just maybe it will be in 4 door only with built in cage, don't forget the cage will add weight but stiffen the whole car up and just think of the bling factor when your mates climb aboard your track ready car ......

ok audi dont put roll cages into any other rs model so i dont get that... and how does the SB look more current than the 3dr? i know the SB came out later but its exactly the same car with 2 more doors and differnt rear lights.... ???

The roll cage is there purely to protect the test driver... the pound the 'ring in those things.
My understanding is they have to set a 9/10th's lap, then they have to be with in seconds of that lap for all their high speed testing, any that aren't, don't count as part of the development. If i was doing that I'd want a roll cage should the sh!t hit the fan.

Air brake - seriously?? I just think it's hanging off!

Hehe Yeah I would imagine a cage to protect their tesst driver!

Hehe Air brake hehe

Is it just me or do the front wheels look larger than the back wheels? Maybe im just going crazy from staring at it????

nah doubt it mate, it looks like one golf R wheel n one TTS wheel... both 19's

Is it just me or do the front wheels look larger than the back wheels? Maybe im just going crazy from staring at it????

I actually thought the same, but assumed it was just an optical illusion given the wheels were different colours... but I still think the sidewalls look bigger on the back tyres... can't imagine that would be a sensible test to conduct though!

If you look at the front bumper it looks fairly production ready in that its quite tidy and smart looking rather then a mock up air vent for functionality.
Also when you look at the rest of the car it dimensionally its the same as a regular SB with proper bodywork as well, so I dont think this a new -gen A3 with 8p running gear, I'm fairly sure the RS3 will be a run out model for the 8P chassis.
They did the same with the last two RS4s- released at the end of the life cycle of those two cars' chassis.
With the new A3 not out for some time, they certainly wont release an RS3 version of that car soon.
Im pretty sure this will be an 8P platform and made for just one year or maybe less, albeit with heavily modified running gear obviously.

Well the front is a pretty good match for the style of the RS5 so i still of the opinion that it is an RS3 testing. The biggest give away and you'll all have to help me on this is that the brakes should be bigger than a standard S3's, second photo kinda shows this.

The roll cage does interest me though, we go to the ring quite allot (4 times a year recently) and there are not many cars that run a roll cage. ok stopping myself there looked back as some of my own spy shots and thats complete ****** they all run a cage. oops..:Flush:

What i would say is that during the test times there are allot of car all bagged up and masked off but also allot of regular looking cars that are just testing a new comp programme or i dont know testing brake temp, these cars also have cages.

Over all i think its an RS3, why else would they make the front bumper of one??

So lets assume it is not the new RS3 on test, what is it on the test???? an updated version of the S3?

Its clearly the new RS3 on test- look at the bumper and brakes, I was saying that im pretty sure it will base on a modified version of the 8P chassis ie uprated suspension etc and this is not a next gen RS3 test mule with an 8p body on it. Theres no way that chassis could lurk so cleanly under this body without more modification.

LOL roll cage won't be an option - it's merely for the protection of the test drivers... incidentally a Toyota test driver and BMW driver had a smash near the 'ring today. Toyota driver was sadly killed in the incident and the BMW driver is critical :(

It is RS3 and it is 8P chassis