Sky InsuranceBadger5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    1st Gear

Status

Does this determine the RS3 is defo on its way!!

I found these articles:

http://carsspyphotos.com/2011-audi-rs3-spy/#more-2809

http://carsspyphotos.com/new-audi-rs3-spec-feature/

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...udi-A3/250647/

Here are the pics:

Do you think this is it, the RS3 will be comin soon and with a retractable spolier!!
    Last edited by Haz1; 23rd June 2010 at 00:52.
    Audi S3 8P2 | Merlin Purple | Black Optics | Recaro Bucket Seats | Privacy Glass | Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights | Bluetooth Phone Prep. | MTM Stage 2 | Milltek TBE | ITG Stage 2 Induction Kit | Odyssey Racing 40 Battery | Rev D DV | Denso IK24 Spark Plugs | RS4 Pressure Regulator Valve | TTS Engine cover | To do: Autotech HPFP

2. # ADS
    ADS

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Omg.........These are the most serious pics I've seen so far. Surely it is coming....look at those gaping front grills!!!

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    I think this is where I cut my losses tuning up the S3 and start saving.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tku View Post
    I think this is where I cut my losses tuning up the S3 and start saving.
    I agree with you on that one! If it coming in around Jan/Feb next yeah then it will be perfect timing for me financially.
    S3 Sportback - Ibis White
    Factory: Privacy Glass, Cruise Control, Heated Seats, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Bose, Ipod Dock
    Modifications: Revo Stage 2+, Forge CAI, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE - H&R ARB's & Springs - TV Tuner, Reverse Camera

Wanted: Stock S3 facelift alloys

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by waring192 View Post
    I agree with you on that one! If it coming in around Jan/Feb next yeah then it will be perfect timing for me financially.
    How much do you reckon this beast's gonna be, if its under 40K then I might be able to squeeze it in a year or two's time. I seriously can't wait, test drove the TTRS the other day, its a really nice drive, and that sound wow!
    Audi S3 8P2 | Merlin Purple | Black Optics | Recaro Bucket Seats | Privacy Glass | Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights | Bluetooth Phone Prep. | MTM Stage 2 | Milltek TBE | ITG Stage 2 Induction Kit | Odyssey Racing 40 Battery | Rev D DV | Denso IK24 Spark Plugs | RS4 Pressure Regulator Valve | TTS Engine cover | To do: Autotech HPFP

2nd Gear

Status
    TTRS is 44K ish stock. Im thinking it will be around the 38K mark, in fact prob 38,595, I think they will want to get the price under 40K hence why its only coming in SB (great) with "s-tronic" (not so great).

Add buckets and few other bits and I think it will hit around 43/44K, going off the TTRS options price guide.
    Factory: Privacy Glass, Cruise Control, Heated Seats, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Bose, Ipod Dock
    Modifications: Revo Stage 2+, Forge CAI, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE - H&R ARB's & Springs - TV Tuner, Reverse Camera

1st Gear

Status
    TTRS is 44K ish stock. Im thinking it will be around the 38K mark, in fact prob 38,595, I think they will want to get the price under 40K hence why its only coming in SB (great) with "s-tronic" (not so great).

Add buckets and few other bits and I think it will hit around 43/44K, going off the TTRS options price guide.
    I rather they also make a 3-door too, I can understand the SB but the 3-door may look more aggressive.

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks very promising , but I reckon the rear spoiler is about to come off rather than being retractable.
    Can't wait myself.
    Porsche 996TT
    A3 Sportback, 2.0 TDI, 170bhp S-Tronic
    S3 SB BE, Suzuka Grey -Sold

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by willmac View Post
    Looks very promising , but I reckon the rear spoiler is about to come off rather than being retractable.
    Can't wait myself.
    Either way im happy, it its retractable thats pretty cool if not then it so quick its been blown off!

Talking of speed etc, Revo stage 1 takes the TTRS to over 400bhp! Looks like a better intercooler is needed for stage 2+ though as one of the revo chaps mentioned the stock one is quite poor.

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    I doubt your gonna need anything more than a stage 1 remap on an RS3! ..400 horses will be fine by me. I actually wouldn't mind it being an s-tronic as the future of manual is far from certain so it is probably the right way to go...Although I will say that I would prefer a 3-door..just don't see how a RS3 will be more desirable as a 5 door estate to be frank but hey..especially being the entry RS model.

And I would also imagine it to be under 40k as it will basically be direct competition with the forthcoming baby M 1 series which will have 350hp and also cost under 40k.

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Oh and that retractable spoiler though pretty ugly is pretty cool!

1st Gear

Status
    I seriously doubt the rs3 will come with dual oval rs style exhausts since the tts come with quads and the s3 doesnt

2nd Gear

Status
    I doubt your gonna need anything more than a stage 1 remap on an RS3! ..400 horses will be fine by me. I actually wouldn't mind it being an s-tronic as the future of manual is far from certain so it is probably the right way to go...Although I will say that I would prefer a 3-door..just don't see how a RS3 will be more desirable as a 5 door estate to be frank but hey..especially being the entry RS model.
    I will be looking for 450+, Not spending 40K to only have 400bhp with stage 1!

Oh and that retractable spoiler though pretty ugly is pretty cool!
    If it is retractable then its prob just a dev on at the moment.

I seriously doubt the rs3 will come with dual oval rs style exhausts since the tts come with quads and the s3 doesnt
    All RS's come with them and take a looking at the mule. Its got a cutout for it, they are more than likely trying to keep it discrete (mind you there not doing a great job of that!)

2nd Gear

Status
    looks to me like the spoiler is a wind break! veyron esk!

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    I will be looking for 450+, Not spending 40K to only have 400bhp with stage 1!

If you want 450 bhp your looking at the wrong car mate.

My impression ?? Looks like an S3 with a different bumper to me. you would have to be stark raving bonkers to spend 40+ on that !!. It looks about as sporty as a breeze block...and an estate breeze block at that. At least the TTRS has the looks even if its still just a souped up TT.
    I cant believe Audi will launch a RS3 at this late stage based on this 7/8 year old chassis and interior.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quite looking forward to it actually, I love my S3, but I would love more bottom end grunt as well being DSG, something I would hope and expect from an RS3, if the price was right, there was an option for a softer ride for general driving that can be switched, or automatically hardens the faster you go, and it is 2012, I would be very very tempted.

2nd Gear

Status
    Why would you say that? I was looking to go stage 3 soon anyway. If it only required minimal changes like stage 2+ then its all good with me.

4th Gear

Status
    Why would you say that? I was looking to go stage 3 soon anyway. If it only required minimal changes like stage 2+ then its all good with me.
    Because it's not a v6, hey Paddy

5th Gear

Status
    I think given Audi's RS Avant history and the that the price will be near 40k, there;s a good chance this will SB form only. However thats still a lot for an A3 based car that looks relatively ordinary- even with big vents and arches etc, and for a hatchback.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Interior Next!!

Status
    pretty sad if its only 4 door... i wont buy one..
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    Because it's not a v6, hey Paddy
    LOL.. but to be honest it needs the V6 turbo out of the S4

Waring...your talking about 120bhp more out of that engine if its the TTRS lump and i cant see thesense in paying probably 42-45k for a new car and then knocking its engine life in half.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post

My impression ?? Looks like an S3 with a different bumper to me. you would have to be stark raving bonkers to spend 40+ on that !!. It looks about as sporty as a breeze block...and an estate breeze block at that. At least the TTRS has the looks even if its still just a souped up TT.
    I cant believe Audi will launch a RS3 at this late stage based on this 7/8 year old chassis and interior.

Hey Pad, I heard it might have `leccy windaz` and a tape deck!

You can get that **** in cars now you know!

Get your name down you tight arse, who knows, by the time its released it might even have fuel injection or some other automotive witchcraft.

Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

S3 (8P)

Status
    then knocking its engine life in half.
    True, thats about 18month if the V6 is anything to go by.................
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    True, thats about 18month if the V6 is anything to go by.................
    :lol:

Status
    Heathens !!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Well it looks too bland and boring tbh. And I think they should shoe horn a V8 in it!!!!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Well it looks too bland and boring tbh. And I think they should shoe horn a V8 in it!!!!!
    Wont matter, unless you can get one for 200groats then it will be too expensive for `some people`
    Now:

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    All bull****. Not the RS3, and it won't have a retractable spoiler, its not a fighter jet pmsl.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    lots are cars are 'too' expensive for some people, that will never change. But they can get them second hand!!! Like I do lol!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Top Gear

Status

Hey Paddy just been the reading the Autocar article and they say:

"Audi had been tipped to launch an RS3 as a run-out model for the current range at the Frankfurt motor show last year, but it never materlised and Audi will instead wait until the next generation model arrives for an RS model."

So its should be a new chassis presumably the same as the mk7 Golf..
    2007 57 A3 Diesel Hatchback 2.0 TDi 170 S-line 3dr S-Tronic
    Extras - Black Styling Pack, Xenon Headlights, Privacy Glass, 18" 20 Spoke Alloy Wheels, Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, IPOD connection, BOSE sound system, De-badged Rear Tailgate

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Munnzzz View Post
    Hey Paddy just been the reading the Autocar article and they say:

"Audi had been tipped to launch an RS3 as a run-out model for the current range at the Frankfurt motor show last year, but it never materlised and Audi will instead wait until the next generation model arrives for an RS model."

So its should be a new chassis presumably the same as the mk7 Golf..
    They also go on to say that it will compete with the BMW M1 (out this autumn) and the focus RS500 (out now). So I'd assume the journo's now aboutas much as we do (sweet FA).
    Do you rely think they are developing the RS3 onthe next chassis already... I don't.
    RS cars have always come as run out models I don't think this is any different. Well see it this autumn is my bet

2nd Gear

Status
    All bull****. Not the RS3, and it won't have a retractable spoiler, its not a fighter jet pmsl.
    That might not be the finished article but it im very sure it will be close. Take a step back and ask yourself, is this someones car? Have they done this to make it look better?! We have already seen photos of a possible rs3 sporting the same alloy setup.

Air brake is prob not going to happen but there is something fishy with the photos...and im not talking about the fact it looks like there is one.

4th Gear

Status
    Seriously it's not an airbrake - look closely the brake lights aren't on.
    So either the spoiler broke or the brake lights broke... Best get them on the snagging list

2nd Gear

Status
    Seriously it's not an airbrake - look closely the brake lights aren't on.
    So either the spoiler broke or the brake lights broke... Best get them on the snagging list
    Ahhh but it wouldn't pop it back straight away!

Na, im just looking at how its perfectly come off and under is some white padding? It does look to flimsy to be a airbrake but has this ever happened to a spoiler on a a3 before?

Maybe they are teasing us?

4th Gear

Status
    Ahhh but it wouldn't pop it back straight away!

Na, im just looking at how its perfectly come off and under is some white padding? It does look to flimsy to be a airbrake but has this ever happened to a spoiler on a a3 before?

Maybe they are teasing us?
    More likely they are testing slightly different versions of the rear spoiler and assessing the difference in load over the rear axle. Just wasn't attached properly. Sound more feasible than an airbrake anyway lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    More likely they are testing slightly different versions of the rear spoiler and assessing the difference in load over the rear axle. Just wasn't attached properly. Sound more feasible than an airbrake anyway lol
    But if you look at the photos with it "normal" it looks exactly the same.

Im being silly now. Ok ok its not a airbrake, like someone else said, its the wrong way around. Plus it looks to weak for anything like that.

Neutral

Status
    Or maybe it's a transformer.
    Unforgivable wheel gap

5th Gear

Status
    LOL.. but to be honest it needs the V6 turbo out of the S4

Waring...your talking about 120bhp more out of that engine if its the TTRS lump and i cant see thesense in paying probably 42-45k for a new car and then knocking its engine life in half.
    intake, TBE or downpipe/cat , remap and uprated IC is hardly knocking an engine in half. Its standard tuning for any forced induction engine, and those are all pretty much bolt on parts with little work.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Status
    Dont be daft. Are you saying that Audi perfected an engine that puts out 450bhp and then de tuned it for no reason at all by 130bhp ?? Its all about reliability, something audi are not good at if you have ever owned a Diesel A3 3.2 A3 A6 and so on..

5th Gear

Status
    no im not saying Audi perfected an engine that puts out 450bhp. im saying you hardly have to 'knock the engine in half' as you say to get another 100 ish bhp out of it. All turbo engine have a lot of extra potential that can be unlocked with a remap- which we all know, and then more so from improving gas flow- intake /TBE /IC , and fueling- fuel pump/injectors.
    Its pretty easy to get 360 bhp out of the KO4 2.0T, which no major hardware mods -pistons/rods /turbo/ injectors are all the same.

There no reason you couldnt get 450bhp out of the 2.5 RS engine with standard internals - ie without 'knocking the engine in half' .

How many people on here with Stg2 or stg2+ have engine problems related to tuning? Pretty much none. I dont have any either.
    All of the problems with the cars you mentioned can happen to any car and none of them are really tuning related.
    Your timing chains, or cracked heads on 2.0PDs, or faulty N75s etc. All these common problems occur on standard engines. The problems people have with tuned cars are to be expected- clutch slip or fueling problems. Therse are hardly reliability problems are they.
    Last edited by akash_sky1; 24th June 2010 at 22:44.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast