Changing discs and pads. A few questions.

Jay88

Reaction score
Hi all my 2005 a3 is in need of new pads and discs, and it seems there is no manual for my model. Im not what you'd call mechanically minded so please bare with me. What tools will i need other than the usual, spanners etc? Is it a difficult job to do (for beginners)? I dont want to put it in a garage as id rather learn myself and save a few pennies too. Thanks in advance.

just the usual tools tbh cant think of anything different. its not that difficult

Cheers P5SND. A caliper windback tool is all i need out of the ordinary so i should be good to go. As far as pads and discs go is there any you guys would recommend/stay clear off? For around £170 i can get ATE pads front and rear and SBS discs front and rear. Any recommendations for around the same price?

for normal road use you cant go far wong with delphi, good balance of performance / cost

Why not enlist another forum members help for a few quid & get them to assist you as such mate, they can advise what to do whilst you be the donkey as such, then run into problems they're there to try & resolve, safe bet & certainly cheaper option than garage & peace of mind huh, where abouts are you based?

thats a pretty valid point tbh, id be happy to help as is nhn, im a little on the busy side atm with my own 4 projects but for an afternoons work i could prolly spare

Thanks for the offer. Luckily a mates brother is willing to help me when i do it. He works in a garage and done a pad and disc change on an 8p A3 just a few days ago. Thanks again :thumbsup: