Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

Changing discs and pads. A few questions.

Hi all my 2005 a3 is in need of new pads and discs, and it seems there is no manual for my model. Im not what you'd call mechanically minded so please bare with me. What tools will i need other than the usual, spanners etc? Is it a difficult job to do (for beginners)? I dont want to put it in a garage as id rather learn myself and save a few pennies too. Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    just the usual tools tbh cant think of anything different. its not that difficult

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers P5SND. A caliper windback tool is all i need out of the ordinary so i should be good to go. As far as pads and discs go is there any you guys would recommend/stay clear off? For around 170 i can get ATE pads front and rear and SBS discs front and rear. Any recommendations for around the same price?

Gievf Buckets

Status
    for normal road use you cant go far wong with delphi, good balance of performance / cost

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Why not enlist another forum members help for a few quid & get them to assist you as such mate, they can advise what to do whilst you be the donkey as such, then run into problems they're there to try & resolve, safe bet & certainly cheaper option than garage & peace of mind huh, where abouts are you based?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Gievf Buckets

Status
    thats a pretty valid point tbh, id be happy to help as is nhn, im a little on the busy side atm with my own 4 projects but for an afternoons work i could prolly spare

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the offer. Luckily a mates brother is willing to help me when i do it. He works in a garage and done a pad and disc change on an 8p A3 just a few days ago. Thanks again