Time for change or changes

robby

Reaction score
well i'm bored with the car and it's at this point i usually look to changing the car (hence this is my 51st car)

i've been looking at numerous BMW 1 series diesel sports which although are a strange looking thing side on they probably grow on you after a while? and there are many accessories to spruce them up
i've been offered a straight swap on a 120d sport 55 plate or same on a 118d sport 56 plate so no outlay is needed (apart from 18" wheel upgrade)

the alternative is to add something to the A3 to keep me interested for a while longer? i'm supposed to be changing the wheels this week for the new RS6s but i'm not sure? do i spend more on the A3 and get bored again in a month and lose more money or just chop it in now and start modding the BMW?

not bothered about remap, etc as i've just bought a bike for speed - looks, comfort, economy, reliability is what i'm wanting in a car - must be getting old :sadlike:

If you go for the 1 series make sure its the 120 as a very good engine, the best bit about the 1 series is there is a massive official BMW performance catologue with most items being realy well priced, especially the brakes. Handling and steering is superior to the A3 but interior quality is a slight step down but it will grow on you, I very nearly bought another 130i, superb car and great fun.

I tend to find once the boredom sets in there is little to change your mind but take an extensive test drive first and see what you think, the A3 has a certain quality taht you tend to miss once you have moved on, good luck