S3 8P2 mirror cap removal - help, how do they come off!!

RicoS3

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!
Reaction score
Hi all,

help please! I'm replacing my mirror caps. I've removed the mirror glass, no probs. I've removed the 3 screws, no probs. But how on earth do the mirror caps themselves pop/slide off?

I can't for the life of me get them to budge! I'm now sick of putting them back together, staring at it and then dismantling to try again!!!

Any help greatly appreciated guys!!

Rich

Sinple, pull them directly upwards....quite hard!

Upwards!??!?! Not sure I've tried that!! Damn these mirrors! Thanks Lee, I'll give it a bash after the in-laws go home.

Couple of small updates. With the black grill and anthracite alloys, I thought the already huge mirrors stuck out even more being Silver/Alu. So, cheap purchase of a set of A5's off of ebay, quick paint and popped them on today. Front still needs to be lower, I know....

Personally, I think they are so much better and different to all others I suppose. :cool:

mirrors1.jpg

mirrors2.jpg

mirrors3.jpg

Oh yeh, the other update :icon_thumright:

mirrors4.jpg

No baby yet, 9 days overdue. :banghead:
Fits perfectly, but a total frightmare to get past the buckets. Still not getting rid of it. Aye, the car, nae the baby! :lmfao:

Even with baby you couldnt stomach a family Sportback?! lol

Not a big fan of more doors S3's, although I've read the RS3 will be a limited run Sportback only, so you never know, I could be persuaded.